Covid 19 - Anyone had it?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Covid 19 - Anyone had it?

Postby La. Hunter » Mon May 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Have any of you been diagnosed with Covid 19? I’m fairly certain I had it during March of this year but haven’t had an antibody test yet. I’m waiting on a reliable one to come out. I didn’t go to doc or ER, but was very close to going. Luckily i figured out a way to assist my breathing or I’m certain I’d have been in hospital. The last 4 days of it were so rough that my wife was ticked I wouldn’t go, but mentally I really wasn’t there and wasn’t making real good decisions anyway. Looking back, I should have gone. Just curious if anyone here has experienced it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
La. Hunter
hunter

Re: Covid 19 - Anyone had it?

Postby AWall3322 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Pretty sure I had it in late January. Would also like to have the antibody test but I doubt I’ll ever see that around these parts. I had to break down and go to the doctor the last day it was real bad. Ending up waking my wife up and said we gotta go get something done because I was starting to have trouble breathing. Sick as I’ve ever been in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AWall3322
hunter

Postby Phytoplankton » Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 am

Was told by two doctors that I more than likely had it in Mid-March. Never had fever, but sore throat and headache then a day of dry cough then wet cough for a week. After a week of coughing I woke up one morning with no sense of taste or smell, then cough got much worse, severe shortness of breath, was taking breathing treatments every two hours via nebulizer and inhaler, that lasted 3 days and it took 5-6 days to get taste/smell back. Overall, almost 4 weeks of coughing. Ended up with bronchitis, which is just now getting better. Was not old enough (63) or hospitalized, so I couldn't get tested when sick. Recently asked about the antibody test and was told it's so flawed that there's a 30% false positive, false negative rate, plus the antibody test is not specific for Covid 19 it will tell if you've been exposed to any Covid virus. Could be months before there's an accurate test.
Phytoplankton
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 am

When Sweet Chereaux told her doctor about a grandson's bout of serious respiratory issues prior to Covid-19's official entrance into the area and of the family's suspicions that's what it was, the doc said he had the same issues and suspicions, but antigen testing proved negative. Apparently something else.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am

I think after extensive testing takes place of people who are not showing symptoms, we will be shocked how many people have had it and never knew it. And I think we will also realize it was here far earlier than the lying China and WHO let on. :mad: :no:

I was traveling extensively the first week in November to international gateways (Chicago, LAX, San Diego and Denver airports) during the time when thousands of Americans of Chinese decent were returning from all the October events in China.

The following weekend, I thought I had a cold coming on and felt drained enough that I skipped going to the duck club for both days (a first for me). Whatever cold I thought I was catching got better quickly and by the following weekend, I had no symptoms of anything. In hind site, I wonder if I was an early recipient of the gift from China. :huh:

Aside from that, I only know of people who know of someone who knows of someone who tested positive. :rolleyes: Like the 6 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Dep6 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 pm

My test was negative.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby La. Hunter » Wed May 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Dep6 wrote:My test was negative.

We’re you sick or just took the test to see?

My ER doc buddy is 85% certain that’s what I had and feels i was probably in 80th percentile, where 85th percentile requires hospitalization and 95th percentile are usually vented.

I also have a buddy in the same hospital that is a respiratory therapist in the Covid ward and he told me Saturday when I told him what I went through that he’s over 90% certain that’s what I had. He said that had I not come up with a way to assist my breathing that he feels I’d have been admitted to the hospital later that day.

I still don’t know for certain it was Covid, but if it wasn’t I can assure you I don’t want that crap. I’m still having breathing issues but I’ve been trying to get out and walk or run each night lately and they seem to be getting a little better.

La. Hunter
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 pm

I had to have a colonoscopy done. Requirement of entering hospital.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Underradar » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:43 pm

I had it for one day. I coughed really hard once and my balls blew up to the size of a basketball and immediately returned to normal size. Then I was ok.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:16 pm

Mine too and it was the worst medical test I ever had. It felt like they were scratching the back of my brain from my noise and considering I have a deviated septum, that didn't make it easier.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:10 pm

Specklebelly wrote:

Mine too and it was the worst medical test I ever had. It felt like they were scratching the back of my brain from my noise and considering I have a deviated septum, that didn't make it easier.

I totally lucked out with throat swab. :bow:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:53 am

No test for me. Covid is a myth like Big Foot and Morel Mushrooms. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:23 am

May be real and if so it will end up like the flu . Some will get it , some won't , some will die and some won't
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:54 pm

Rat Creek wrote:No test for me. Covid is a myth like Big Foot and Morel Mushrooms. :yes:

Wish it was a myth. Between my wife and I, we have known 2 people that died from it (legit covid deaths) and several others hospitalized with it, some for over 2 months now. 1 of the deaths was a perfectly healthy, active female while the other was elderly.

La. Hunter
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:42 am

Sorry to hear that you know of people who had it and even died from it. :sad: Would be really curious about the lady who was in ideal health. That is so far outside the realm, she must have had some kind of immune system issue. The flu is known to be a more indiscriminate killer of young and old, but coronaviruses hit the mucus membranes and cause lung problems. Typically, the younger you are, the better your lungs and why most young people never know they have it.

The best I can do is I know people who know people who had it.The worse case was a lake neighbor knows of a guy (seriously obese and early 50s) who was hospitalized and in bad shape. He survived. :thumbsup:

Aside from that, in this same period of time, I know people who have passed from about every other ailment (cancer, COPD, Flu, stroke and heart attack) but no covid. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:08 pm

La. Hunter wrote:1 of the deaths was a perfectly healthy, active female

Those are rare. I didn't know I had asthma until back in January. I was active and all, but overweight, but definitely had it awhile. It's made exercise a whole lot easier now that I breath better. Nobody would have known I had it before January. I didn't know. I just thought I was getting old and out of shape. So I'd bet there is a good chance of something that wasn't diagnosed but there are always those rare exceptions that just have the crap luck.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Holesinsky » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:10 pm

FTR, morels are not a myth!
Attachments
Bag - basket.jpg
6-19-20
Bag - basket.jpg (51.21 KiB) Viewed 414 times
Holesinsky
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:42 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have no idea if it is my red/green color blindness or what, but in all my days of walking the woods, I have never seen a morel mushroom. :sad: And with German Shorthair pointers, I am out walking the woods and fields 4-5 days each week, twelve months each year. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby jaysweet3 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:14 am

Holesinsky wrote:FTR, morels are not a myth!
You sir, found a goldmine.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
Moderator in Training

Postby Boatman » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:55 am

Wife covid test came back positive today after 9 day wait for test results.According to their time line I will be in the clear on wednesday. I have been staying in My shop with the dog and only going in the house to eat dinner and sleep in my hunting room. She is doing fine only had fever at first with stiff muscles and a slight cough but her biggest gripe is she can't smell or taste. She has been working in the garden every day.She is 59 in case you all are wondering.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:21 am

My brother in law thinks he may have had it (fever and weak feeling for a few days) and has still not received the test results (2 weeks) :huh:

His doctor told him regardless the result, he should consider his quarantine over. :yes:

If his result comes back positive (whenever that may be), he will be the first person I know personally to have tested positive. And I know of many people who were tested. :rolleyes:

As I also know of a person who was bitten by a copperhead snake recently, I can scientifically say that the odds of being bitten by a snake are the same as getting covid. That is only if the test comes back positive though because as of right now, the snake odds are better. :yes:

This is my scientific survey, thus you cannot challenge the outcome of the science. :yes: See how science works when you play with numbers. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:57 am

Wow Boatman!! :eek: And you guys are pretty rural!

Glad she'll be OK and didn't get too sick. Hell...you probably already spent most of the time in the doghouse (with the dog) anyway.

I think it would be a good idea if Rat wears one of these just in case he gets the Covid.

browser.JPG
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:03 am

:hammer: Yes. And delete all text messages from my phone.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rick Hall » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:05 am

Rat Creek wrote:My brother in law thinks he may have had it (fever and weak feeling for a few days) and has still not received the test results (2 weeks) :huh:

Young, quite fit grandson self-quarantined with serious ("might kill an old fart") fever and chills and was notified of his "positive" results 13 days later. Buddy who'd been on the same Florida trip and also tested positive experienced no symptoms. So it goes...
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Rick Hall wrote:... and also tested positive experienced no symptoms. So it goes...

Young (under 40), otherwise healthy who have serious symptoms are pretty rare. As a geek who finds these things interesting, I would love to know the influencing and underlying factors.

Blood Type O seems to be least impacted while Blood Type A is the most impacted. Something to do with O Type having neither A or B antigens and thus possibly picks up on foreign proteins more quickly. Hmm, so like a rapid response team. :thumbsup:

Previous overuse of antibiotics: The theory is that when people run to the doctor for drugs and antibiotics for everything (and we all know those people), the body gets dumbed down on its natural immune functions. Then when a virus hits and secondary infections happen, it is the secondary infectious killing the patients (i.e. pneumonia) as the body is either not reacting or overreacting. :sad:

Obesity: Granted the vast majority of humans on Earff are obese to some extent because of fantastic advancements in food production, and here in the US, we are again #1 in this category. :sad: Okay, so I get the high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, etc, but why do these things make someone both prone to getting covid and at a much higher risk of dying. The common cold and flu do not hit obese people this hard by comparison, or so it seems. :huh:

African American: Is it a genetic issue like sickle cell anemia? Environmental in that more black people live in more crowded urban areas compared to other ethnic groups, thus have more exposure. Obesity, because as a percentage, there are more obese black people than other ethnic groups. :huh:

This is an interesting virus. The good news is that though positive tests are up which is to be expected when opening an economy up again and with the huge increase in testing, deaths continue to drop. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Covid is NOT the death sentence the fake media wants you to believe. :no:
Last edited by Rat Creek on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Next

Return to The Honey Hole