Covid 19 - Anyone had it?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Covid 19 - Anyone had it?

Postby Dep6 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Woke up yesterday, fever, sore throat, coughing. SOOOOOOOOOOOO here we go again, I got poked prodded, blood drawn for anti-body test, Chest X-ray because my test came back negative, Dr thought I might have pnuemonia but turns out I didn't. So so tired of this BS. Welcome to Monday fellas!! :fingerhead: :fingerhead:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:37 pm

I can only recommend you move to Oregon where you can now legally do cocaine, heroine and psycho-mushrooms. At least then, you will not know you are feeling bad. :rolleyes:

To play internet doctor for a moment, your symptoms align with someone being exposed to mold. A lady I know could not figure out why she continued to have respiratory health issues, including headaches, loss of appetite, etc. After several doctors visits where they kept chasing the same rabbits, she began her own investigation. Turns out her front load washer was a mold factory. :help:

Rather than fight it, she used a two wheeler to solve the issue. :hammer:

Might be worth checking to see if you are growing mushrooms in or around your domicile. :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Dep6 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:51 am

Rat, thanks for the advice but we have, my wife is an RN with unbelievable investigative skills and she has checked, this is just a good old fashioned cold I think, that I actually got from her because she had one last week, go figger!! :no: :no:

Dep6
Site Admin

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 am

Dep6 wrote:Rat, thanks for the advice but we have, my wife is an RN with unbelievable investigative skills and she has checked, this is just a good old fashioned cold I think, that I actually got from her because she had one last week, go figger!! :no: :no:

Damned women always give us outdoors guys that hunt in rain, snow, sleet, subzero weather, colds for some reason LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby ohio mike » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:52 pm

You Sir have (as do I) the very horrible aftermath of Covid 19. Like you I'm not contagious but went from feeling good to the sickest of the whole episode over the weekend. Saturday night was the only time in this whole damn nightmare that I wasn't sure I was gonna make it. Then as quick as it hit it was almost completely gone. Feel pretty good today but the Doc says plenty of rest is in order for a week.
Pumpguns and puppies,who could ask for anything more!
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Boatman » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:07 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Boatman wrote:
BearRiverBanded wrote:Do you really believe Russia is giving true numbers on their deaths? Just like China did? China reported just above 4,600 deaths.

Let's be honest that some countries aren't being honest.
And one of them is the USA.Where are all the flu deaths,don't here a thing about them

Flu usually doesn't kick in until December or even January sometimes. Wouldn't expect much in November. Some initial spikes but usually not a lot.
What about last year January February March

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:23 am

Boatman wrote:What about last year January February March

In an interesting twist of science, only covid spread during early 2020, and not the flu. Science has proven that covid 19 feeds upon the flu virus. :beer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:10 pm

I just finished my 14 day illness>quarantine and figured that I'd chime in. As you may know, I own a bar and work 7 days a week there all spring, summer and fall. It's a tiki-bar style operation, open air, big deck. I dealt with tens of thousands of patrons while open. I handled money, drink glasses, shot glasses, beer cans, ice, garbage, cleaning tables etc.....and none of my 10 employees nor I, nor any of our VERY regular, regulars got sick. I went back to teaching and was sick by late November as was my wife and two boys. I started it first with a mild cough, then fever, then body aches and head/throat. It sucked but at no point was I concerned for my safety or that of my family. I treated the symptoms and got lots of sleep, tons of water and ate as well and as much as I could. My 8 year old had one bad day of stomach and throat. My 10 year old had one bad day of ear and throat, My wife had two bad days of fever and bed. I had it the worst. Tylenol for fever, Mucinex for chest and throat. The one good thing that made it easier was that the symptoms were all familiar; classic flu like symptoms. It wasn't like my toenails fell out and I had blood coming from my ears. One final interesting detail was that my quick test came back positive AND I was sick. My son took the better "send to the lab test" and was positive and sick, other son, same test was negative and sick, wife was positive and sick, but she took the quick test while waiting the three days to get results and that came back negative and sick....so.......Thank God we are all out of it and totally back to work and symptom free.
The takeaway? Who the F knows.........?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Very glad to hear yall got past it there Slack sir. I got an amazing wife, I finally got home this morning like round 6:45, due to bad weather, and got in the bed. I been coughing my fool head off since Saturday night and it hurts to cough now, ribs are really, really sore from all the coughing. But she called my primary doctor and gave me prednisone and an inhaler to help me get past the coughing.

Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:26 pm

Slack Tide wrote:The takeaway? Who the F knows.........?

:lol: :lol: :lol: So true. :thumbsup:

Glad y'all are now Covid 2020 survivors. :beer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Dep6 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:25 am

On a good note though, they did call me from the clinic and I did test positive for anti-bodies to this stupid virus!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:33 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Another Covid 2020 victor. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:16 pm

Well, it’s made it back in my house again, this time with my son. He had an exposure at work and started showing symptoms and running fever last night. He went to the doc today and tested positive. I don’t see how the wife and I are going to be able to avoid it, so we trying to gear up for it. Hope if we pass this test we can go ahead and exit 2020!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
La. Hunter
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:39 am

La. Hunter wrote:Well, it’s made it back in my house again, this time with my son. He had an exposure at work and started showing symptoms and running fever last night. He went to the doc today and tested positive. I don’t see how the wife and I are going to be able to avoid it, so we trying to gear up for it. Hope if we pass this test we can go ahead and exit 2020!

Well that sucks! :hammer:

One of the more interesting elements to get arms around is the "herd immunity" affect and immunity in general. How/If it exists and how long. Obviously love to hear anyone in the house whose had it stay clear of reinfection and at a minimum, lessor symptoms.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:40 am

And thankfully we have learned that for 99%+ its a minor cold because after all, it is a corona virus. :hammer:

If it goes through your house like most colds do, I hope y'all are grateful it is behind you well before Christmas and the symptoms were what 99%+ experience. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:53 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:Well, it’s made it back in my house again, this time with my son. He had an exposure at work and started showing symptoms and running fever last night. He went to the doc today and tested positive. I don’t see how the wife and I are going to be able to avoid it, so we trying to gear up for it. Hope if we pass this test we can go ahead and exit 2020!

Well that sucks! :hammer:

One of the more interesting elements to get arms around is the "herd immunity" affect and immunity in general. How/If it exists and how long. Obviously love to hear anyone in the house whose had it stay clear of reinfection and at a minimum, lessor symptoms.

I’m on day 10 now of my infection. Everyone in my home ended up with it this time and everyone of us had different symptoms. My son, who brought it home with him, had a 101 fever for a little over a day and a cough. My temp never got over 99.3 and I only had a forced cough in an attempt to clear my chest. I had major issues breathing for 5 or 6 days and just about talked myself into going to the ER several times. When I tested positive, the doc treated it aggressively due to the fact that I have asthma and was already showing breathing issues when the symptoms started. She prescribed doxycycline, prednisone, Flovent inhaler, Albuterol inhaler and a couple of boxes of Albuterol sulfate for nebulizer. My wife started having slight sinus issues Monday a week ago and wouldn’t go test even though she stayed quarantined. She insisted it was just sinuses. Friday night, while eating supper, she told me there was no since getting tested because she suddenly lost her sense of taste in the middle of her meal. I had her go Saturday morning and she tested positive. So far, it hasn’t even phased her. She working from home and has been nonstop cleaning on top of everything else. In comparison, I’ve spent most of the last 7 days in bed.

Now, I didn’t go to the doc with whatever I had back in March so I can’t confirm that’s what I had. However, when I woke up Saturday a week ago with what felt like a head cold, sinuses and asthma all rolled into one, I felt exactly like I did back in March when that started. The breathing issues were the same this time as back then and I ran the same 99.3 to 99.4 temp. The only thing I can say is that my breathing wasn’t quiet as bad as it was back then, but I was on the prednisone and the steroid inhaler so I’d imagine that helped. My wife just had sinus issues back in March and my son never got sick.

La. Hunter
hunter

Postby likesbigspreads » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:20 am

Had a head cold that was pretty minor, ended up loosing my smell so I went and got tested. Tested positive. About 2 days of fatigue and that was it, still no smell and I am a month into it. My daughter tested positive as well and had minor cold like symptoms for a few days as well, she had no other symptoms. My wife had zero symptoms and tested negative twice, we could not believe that she did not get it.
likesbigspreads
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:21 pm

likesbigspreads wrote:Had a head cold that was pretty minor, ended up loosing my smell so I went and got tested. Tested positive. About 2 days of fatigue and that was it, still no smell and I am a month into it. My daughter tested positive as well and had minor cold like symptoms for a few days as well, she had no other symptoms. My wife had zero symptoms and tested negative twice, we could not believe that she did not get it.

Glad things are better. That seems to be the typical story, and I would not be surprised if you wife is one of those people with natural immunity. :thumbsup:

We joke about my sister in law's family. Three kids in college exposed to everyone and everything. Their daughter shares a house with five other gals. All have tested positive. She has not.

Then their daughter traveled to Chicago to her boyfriend's home. He and his family later tested positive. She still did not. :yes: So, she has been in close proximity with about ten people who all tested positive, and yet, nothing. And each time, she returns home and neither her parents or siblings have caught it. And the funny part is she really wants to catch it because as a member of the college soccer team, she has to quarantine each time someone tests positive.

Similar story with the two sons. Somehow, with lots and lots of exposure, no one in this family has contracted covid. :beer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:25 pm

La. Hunter wrote: Friday night, while eating supper, she told me there was no since getting tested because she suddenly lost her sense of taste in the middle of her meal. I had her go Saturday morning and she tested positive.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I bet that got you a rebuke for not just taking her at her word.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:02 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
La. Hunter wrote: Friday night, while eating supper, she told me there was no since getting tested because she suddenly lost her sense of taste in the middle of her meal. I had her go Saturday morning and she tested positive.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I bet that got you a rebuke for not just taking her at her word.

Actually, she was ready to begin her official quarantine countdown so she can get back to work. Not that she’s really quit working. She rolled her office phone line to her cell phone and she goes up there every afternoon once they close and gets things ready for their guys for the next day. She does put on a mask and gloves and sprays down all of the materials she had to handle just to be safe. I believe she started showing symptoms several days before when she broke out the Tylenol cold and flu, but she insists it was sinuses. If she would have tested positive then, she’d be on day 9 instead of day 5. I’m not complaining because I was asked to work from home until she is cleared. Today is day 11 for me and I’m still run down and dealing with light breathing issues, so I don’t mind the extra time.

La. Hunter
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:48 am

Welllllll, my step-son now has it, witch of that is, he felt bad for a day, now he is jumping out of his skin to get back to work which won't be before Friday week. Been after me to come cut his grass, so I took him my lawn mower last night to let him do it!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Woodiewhacker82 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:59 pm

Wife and I both have it now I’ve been sick for 12 days she was only sick for 3.
Woodiewhacker82
hunter

Postby Boatman » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:23 pm

I say we have reached herd immunity on DHC my wife had in June I never got it or had it didn't know it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole