This Quarantine

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

This Quarantine

Postby Dep6 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:20 am

Mess is for the birds!! :mad:

Had to miss out the last weekend of GA Gator Season because I been on quarantine for Covid. No symptoms, no temperature, no nothing. Get this now, I had to quarantine BECAUSE I drove the freaking car behind someone that tested positive. This at my part-time job now, so my Chief Deputy for my full time job, agreed with it. That did not make me happy at all!! I have had 3 negative tests, had to do, for my wife who is in a lay ministry class, so she could stay in class. I am telling yall these folks is losing they minds!! :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

But I am back to the same ole same ole as of today that goodness!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Re: This Quarantine

Postby Dep6 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:21 am

My apologies, the rant is over now!! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Mike the Fox » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:25 pm

It’ll all be over on November 4th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:08 pm

Dep6 wrote:My apologies, the rant is over now!! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

BUMMER. :hammer: :crying: Sorry about the whopper-jawed gator season. :fingerhead: As I recall you got screwed on an open then closed area too, right?

Agree, will be quite the circus on Covid coming.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:15 pm

Dep6 wrote:Get this now, I had to quarantine BECAUSE I drove the freaking car behind someone that tested positive.

Are you kidding me? That is complete stupidity.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:13 am

My 7 year old woke up yesterday with his classic allergy symptoms. He takes Claritan daily this time of year and it's manageable. He was pretty miserable and wanted to stay home. Now my 10 year old starts in with "Dad, school told me that if a family member is sick, that I can't go to school!" And he wasn't being task-avoidant, he was being obedient to what they told him at school. So now I have to take a 1/2 "family illness" day and bring my 7 year old to Urgent Care so I can get an affidavit that says that it's not Corona or he won't be allowed into school.
When we walked in the nurse said, "and how are you young man, let me guess, did you sneeze at school!??" So, in short, I don't want it, you don't want it.......but the idea of "abundance of caution" is getting out of hand...
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:47 am

People have lost their minds and unfortunately, we have to play to the most irrational as to not hurt their feelings. :rolleyes: My daughter is an elementary school teacher, and the protocols are absolutely insane. :fingerhead:

JUST ONE example of dozens is music class. The kids must wear virtue masks, stand 6+ feet apart and sing outside near the playground. :rolleyes: After that class, everyone must avoid that playground area for a full 30 minutes. :huh: I guess the "settled science" is that any virus that escapes the virtue mask and is not killed by the sunlight, will land on the ground and either die from the fall or start walking toward the middle school and get lost in the grass. :rolleyes:

Lost in all of this is that little kids do not carry the virus well, and almost never get sick from it. The most dangerous part of their day by a factor of 1000x is being driven to and from school. :rolleyes:

And at first, teachers were allowed to wear shields like you see Chiefs Coach Andy Reid wearing, but a virtue mask nazi parent complained, so now the rule is masks must seal to the face of each teacher. :rolleyes: Everyone is miserable with both the masks and irrational protocols. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Park Duck » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:20 am

Im a teacher at a rural Louisiana school. We take kids temps before school masks on while they can't social distance or in the hall. No cases in 8 weeks.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:31 am

Park Duck wrote:Im a teacher at a rural Louisiana school. We take kids temps before school masks on while they can't social distance or in the hall. No cases in 8 weeks.

I teach 6th grade on Long Island. We take temps in the morning, most kids are in the 92*-94* range :no:
masks and SD, not one case yet since we opened (in my building.)
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:46 am

Interesting...I'd been going to the hospital for some outpatient stuff and they took temps before entry. As of two months ago they quit doing that and just handed people a clean mask. They said the temp checks weren't valuable.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Dep6 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:27 pm

It got worse today, woke up with a mild fever but it kept going up, back to Urgent care for testing.

Me and my wife both tested positive. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This crap is for the birds!!

Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Slack Tide wrote:
I teach 6th grade on Long Island. We take temps in the morning, most kids are in the 92*-94* range :no:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hypothermia starts when the body drops below 95 degrees. Get those kids a blanket. :lol3:

Yes, I know that is skin temp, but that makes the point. A person can have a fever of 100 degrees and a forehead skin temp of 94 degrees. But, but, but, its science. :hammer:

My sis in law works in a medical office and they do the temp thing each time someone arrives, including all staff. She is like many women you see with that AC in the car pointed at her face. After a nurse took her temp, they laughed because her temperature was in the low 80s. :lol3: Oops. So much for another "scientific" protocol.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Dep6 wrote:It got worse today, woke up with a mild fever but it kept going up, back to Urgent care for testing.

Me and my wife both tested positive. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dang Dep6! Take care of yourselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
La. Hunter
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:16 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
Dep6 wrote:It got worse today, woke up with a mild fever but it kept going up, back to Urgent care for testing.

Dang Dep6! Take care of yourselves!

X2!! :hammer: Drink plenty of Bourbon. :beer:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Boatman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:00 am

Dep6 wrote:Mess is for the birds!! :mad:

Had to miss out the last weekend of GA Gator Season because I been on quarantine for Covid. No symptoms, no temperature, no nothing. Get this now, I had to quarantine BECAUSE I drove the freaking car behind someone that tested positive. This at my part-time job now, so my Chief Deputy for my full time job, agreed with it. That did not make me happy at all!! I have had 3 negative tests, had to do, for my wife who is in a lay ministry class, so she could stay in class. I am telling yall these folks is losing they minds!! :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

But I am back to the same ole same ole as of today that goodness!!

So how did they know who was behind them that you had to quarantine, and so was everyone behind you when you went to urgent care contacted to quarantine?
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:29 am

Not sure,but I think he meant same car but different shift.
Pumpguns and puppies,who could ask for anything more!
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Boatman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Oh yeah got ya, that did seem a bit strange to me

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:41 pm

I texted Dep6 earlier today checking on him and he said this crap sucks. I thought about signing him up for texts from the Biden Campaign and BLM to keep him busy. [emoji23]

La. Hunter
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:02 pm

I thought you liked me just a LITTLE bit, I reckon I got to rethink that part. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Fever not as bad, aching all over, started taking more vitamins and all. We'll see how it goes!!

Dep6
Site Admin

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:49 am

La. Hunter wrote:I texted Dep6 earlier today checking on him and he said this crap sucks. I thought about signing him up for texts from the Biden Campaign and BLM to keep him busy. [emoji23]

Ouch! :eek: :yes:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:22 am

ohio mike wrote:Not sure,but I think he meant same car but different shift.

That makes a lot more sense. I thought he was indicating that there were 2 cars and that car #1 had a covid + patient and car #2 following behind needed to quarantine.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:23 am

Slack Tide wrote:
Park Duck wrote:Im a teacher at a rural Louisiana school. We take kids temps before school masks on while they can't social distance or in the hall. No cases in 8 weeks.

Your thermometer is broken.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:57 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:

Ya think?
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:16 am

Slack Tide wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:

Ya think?

:lol3: :lol3:
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:59 am

Slack, in the interest of public safety, there is really only one way to get an accurate temperature reading. Let us know how that goes. Mr. Slack, I don't feel well; will you take my temperature again?
Attachments
thermo.PNG
thermo.PNG (231.04 KiB) Viewed 656 times
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Next

Return to The Honey Hole