Soiling Your Tightie-Whities

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Soiling Your Tightie-Whities

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:42 am

This was filmed Saturday about an hour from where we deer hunt.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Re: Soiling Your Tightie-Whities

Postby Tim Terrell » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:58 am

Armed with a Smartphone no less. That dude should be dead-- clearly that cat meant business. At the 2:50 mark I throw that phone at her and scream like a little girl. Yikes.
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:42 am

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I would have definitely picked up the rocks he was walking past or a tree limb. Was the lion protecting cubs or looking for a family meal?

Though I have never seen a bear or lion in the wild, there have been sightings nearby, and I have to admit they cross my mind when walking solo (without a gun) down the long wooded trail into the duck club to do some work. :eek: :yes:

And yes, I would have thrown my totally full tighty whities at the lion. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby California Sprig » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm

That cat was in defense and protect mode protecting her little Cubs. Definitely a dangerous situation. I have been stalked by a mountain lion before, definitely a scary adrenaline pumping situation. About the last thing I’d be doing is videoing that whole thing. The guy is either quite brave or just dumber than dirt.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm

I really think this guy did most of the right things (aside from filming it) -- made a lot of noise, didn't turn his back, retreated slowly, etc. I kept thinking he needs to pick up a rock and throw it, which is what he did at the end of the video and what made the cat finally run off, but I think crouching down makes you look like a smaller target and may not have been the best thing to do in that situation.

I was impressed he walked backward along that rocky trail as long as he did without tripping and falling down. Falling down may have been the end for that fella.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Return to The Honey Hole