Camo for banded axe blind

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Camo for banded axe blind

Postby ozarktroutbum » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:53 am

I'm trying to decide on an alternative to fast grass mats. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see them working well on one of these blinds since it collapses and does not fold like a scissor style blind.

I am well aware of the Camo Netting that is especially made for the axe blind, but I want something more realistic for open water.

I have thought about getting some custom made backing/netting and doing 100% raffia grass but I've never used it and I don't know if it will hold up or compress down well enough for storage in the boat.

Anyone have any ideas?
ozarktroutbum
hunter

Re: Camo for banded axe blind

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:20 am

Don't exactly know what you require for configuration on your blind, but if it's to go on a boat you might try Reed Fencing online at Wal Mart or Home Depot. 16' X 6'. cut with scissors and 4" wire cutters...easy! Super light weight. I have reed fencing I attached to hard frames, but it serves well to roll up right from the box and probably weighs about 15-18 pounds per length. I then Zip tie the local ditch bank grasses here for a perfect match.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Backyard-X-Sca ... 1000764460
I often have my hard frame blinds out on the side of the garage for months at a time as I do minor upgrades and some repairs as well as re-grassing them between seasons.

My roll up blind
IMG_1624 (1).JPG

IMG_1620 (1).JPG

My hard frame blinds
IMG_1591 (2).JPG

IMG_1686 (2).JPG
So the words Fall and Autumn are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Re: Camo for banded axe blind

Postby Boatman » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:31 am

If you're talkin about Open Water as in a diver hunt just a gray tarp will work fine they're stupid.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole