Football

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Football

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:47 pm

Wow...Michigan sucks. Bye-Bye nose-picker.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Re: Football

Postby Dep6 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:12 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell us how you really feel there sir!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:19 pm

:devil: :devil: :thumbsup:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:10 pm

Dude. They really do. I’m not sure how people were fooled by the win over MN. They scored 3 TD by pure luck. Statistics looked good, because players had big yardage runs, but the median yardage per play was terrible. There was some play making after the catch by young players, but Milton clearly knew where he was throwing the ball before the snap.

I doubt Jim will be returning after his contract. But even a new coach doesn’t have much to work with. Michigan has a storied history and maybe they can lean on that still, but their prospects of getting classes full 5 star recruits must be dwindling with each year. It’d take some well known power house coach to jump ship and join Michigan to change the tide I’m afraid. There’s no way they can beat OSU when they have top tier recruiting classes with players like Milton who sat the bench behind players not going to the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:32 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Dude. They really do. I’m not sure how people were fooled by the win over MN. They scored 3 TD by pure luck. Statistics looked good, because players had big yardage runs, but the median yardage per play was terrible. There was some play making after the catch by young players, but Milton clearly knew where he was throwing the ball before the snap.

I doubt Jim will be returning after his contract. But even a new coach doesn’t have much to work with. Michigan has a storied history and maybe they can lean on that still, but their prospects of getting classes full 5 star recruits must be dwindling with each year. It’d take some well known power house coach to jump ship and join Michigan to change the tide I’m afraid. There’s no way they can beat OSU when they have top tier recruiting classes with players like Milton who sat the bench behind players not going to the NFL.

You are right, that is the issue keeping a coach too long showing. I'd heard he was soliciting the NFL for work.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:14 pm

I heard that and that he’s considering retiring to an RV.

There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:00 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:I heard that and that he’s considering retiring to an RV.

:lol3: I would be all over the RV! :lol3: :thumbsup:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Tim Terrell » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:13 pm

Indiana hadn't beat Michigan, Michigan St and Wisconsin in the same football season since 1945. They've found a 'winner in Tom Allen methinks. The kids love playing for this guy.
https://247sports.com/Article/Indiana-F ... 155156868/
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:25 am

Tim Terrell wrote:Indiana hadn't beat Michigan, Michigan St and Wisconsin in the same football season since 1945. They've found a 'winner in Tom Allen methinks. The kids love playing for this guy.
https://247sports.com/Article/Indiana-F ... 155156868/

:thumbsup: Was glad to see Indiana beat Wisconsin (selfishly and unselfishly). Only test given to the Buckeye's this year and Hoosiers about pulled it off. Haven't kept up with Bowl Game talk but hope ya'll draw a good one. Don't normally watch all that many but would that one.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Tim Terrell » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:40 am

I'm wondering why the Big Ten didn't just award the Championship outright to Ohio State this season? What's one more rule change eh? I hope someone hands them their ass in "post-season" bowl play yet to come...
At least Tom Allen got a well-deserved "Big Ten Coach of the Year" honor in consolation. LOL.
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:47 am

Tim Terrell wrote:I'm wondering why the Big Ten didn't just award the Championship outright to Ohio State this season? What's one more rule change eh? I hope someone hands them their ass in "post-season" bowl play yet to come...
At least Tom Allen got a well-deserved "Big Ten Coach of the Year" honor in consolation. LOL.

Don't let one good season make a fool out of ya.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Woodiewhacker82 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:05 am

Tim Terrell wrote:I'm wondering why the Big Ten didn't just award the Championship outright to Ohio State this season? What's one more rule change eh? I hope someone hands them their ass in "post-season" bowl play yet to come...
Oh it’s coming Clemson will send them where they belong yet again!
Woodiewhacker82
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:19 pm

Woodiewhacker82 wrote:

That's possible we'll find out New Years Day! We'll not be needing 22 missing players for that game like we had yesterday. Clemson missed Trevor for a game and got beaten down by Notre Dame for God's sake. :lol3: The Big10 being such puzzies this year with Covid put the entire division at a disadvantage.

I still have no idea what Tim was whining about - Indiana only played 7 games and the loss was to Ohio State.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:02 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Woodiewhacker82 wrote:

That's possible we'll find out New Years Day! We'll not be needing 22 missing players for that game like we had yesterday. Clemson missed Trevor for a game and got beaten down by Notre Dame for God's sake. :lol3: The Big10 being such puzzies this year with Covid put the entire division at a disadvantage.

I still have no idea what Tim was whining about - Indiana only played 7 games and the loss was to Ohio State.
There’s no doubt a healthy Ohio State is no 3 in the nation. They belong in the playoff. I doubt they beat AL, but they’ve got a chance against Clemson.

WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:19 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Woodiewhacker82 wrote:

There’s no doubt a healthy Ohio State is no 3 in the nation. They belong in the playoff. I doubt they beat AL, but they’ve got a chance against Clemson.

I felt better about a Clemson game last year than this year but it's been such a terrible season there's not as much to go on. I do think having played 11 games is a huge advantage for anyone. Got a work buddy who is from Clemson - be a rematch, sent his kids a tub of 50 buckeyes last week so they hate less. :grooving:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rick Hall » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:28 pm

HNTFSH wrote:I do think having played 11 games is a huge advantage for anyone.

Suppose that's why the cheating ACC bastages cut their season short to try to get some of the rest and chance to get healthy the Big 10 got away with?
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:51 pm

Rick Hall wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:I do think having played 11 games is a huge advantage for anyone.

Suppose that's why the cheating ACC bastages cut their season short to try to get some of the rest and chance to get healthy the Big 10 got away with?

Hard to know what those SOB's are willing to do.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Woodiewhacker82 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:13 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Woodiewhacker82 wrote:

Yea we keep hearing that every year and Clemson just keeps sending them packing.
Woodiewhacker82
hunter

Postby Tim Terrell » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:15 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Woodiewhacker82 wrote:

------------
HNT--You have no clue because of your perennial Buckeye blindness is my guess. LOL. Indiana is still fighting for respect in the Big Ten. I don't believe for one minute their success this season was a fluke. If you do, you're the fool. (Hoosiers beat Wisconsin despite being 20 point underdogs.) So Indiana (6-1) draws Ole Miss (4-5) for the Outback Bowl January 2.
-----------------------------
"Despite an historic season, the No. 7 team in the country finished the day ranked No. 11 in the College Football Playoff, behind three-loss teams in No. 7 Florida and No. 10 Iowa State. That landed the Cyclones in the Fiesta Bowl and the Gators in the Cotton Bowl, while the Hoosiers were left waiting for a destination outside of the coveted New Year’s Six slate.
Then the slights seemingly continued, as Northwestern ended up at the Citrus Bowl with Auburn, locking the Hoosiers into the Outback with a 4-5 Ole Miss squad.
But, again, Allen was determined not to focus on the negative. “There will be a time and a place to address that,” Allen said, “and I don’t think this is the time or the place.” He added he received an explanation on the Citrus Bowl, which wasn’t wholly adequate, but he wasn’t elaborating.
Allen did, however, become worked up when he explained why he was so adamant about keeping such a positive stance. It took him to another nostalgic place, recalling questions he faced when he first became a linebackers coach at Ole Miss, and he was reminded that he was the defensive coordinator at Lambuth three years earlier.
“I knew what he meant by that. He meant, ‘You don’t belong here. How in the world did you end up in the SEC?’” Allen said. “He didn’t say it that way, but that’s what he meant. And honestly, I responded, ‘I’m blessed.’ And I’m going to respond the same way today. I’m blessed to be in this position. We’re blessed to be in the Outback Bowl. We’re blessed to have this opportunity, alright?
“But I said this, ‘I’m going to prove I belong. Every. Single. Day. And it’s no different. So right now, it’s that chip on my shoulder, it’s something to prove."
--Jon Blau--Herald-Times
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:21 am

Tim Terrell wrote:------------
HNT--You have no clue because of your perennial Buckeye blindness is my guess. LOL. Indiana is still fighting for respect in the Big Ten. I don't believe for one minute their success this season was a fluke. If you do, you're the fool. (Hoosiers beat Wisconsin despite being 20 point underdogs.) So Indiana (6-1) draws Ole Miss (4-5) for the Outback Bowl January 2.
-----------------------------
"Despite an historic season, the No. 7 team in the country finished the day ranked No. 11 in the College Football Playoff, behind three-loss teams in No. 7 Florida and No. 10 Iowa State. That landed the Cyclones in the Fiesta Bowl and the Gators in the Cotton Bowl, while the Hoosiers were left waiting for a destination outside of the coveted New Year’s Six slate.
Then the slights seemingly continued, as Northwestern ended up at the Citrus Bowl with Auburn, locking the Hoosiers into the Outback with a 4-5 Ole Miss squad.
But, again, Allen was determined not to focus on the negative. “There will be a time and a place to address that,” Allen said, “and I don’t think this is the time or the place.” He added he received an explanation on the Citrus Bowl, which wasn’t wholly adequate, but he wasn’t elaborating.
Allen did, however, become worked up when he explained why he was so adamant about keeping such a positive stance. It took him to another nostalgic place, recalling questions he faced when he first became a linebackers coach at Ole Miss, and he was reminded that he was the defensive coordinator at Lambuth three years earlier.
“I knew what he meant by that. He meant, ‘You don’t belong here. How in the world did you end up in the SEC?’” Allen said. “He didn’t say it that way, but that’s what he meant. And honestly, I responded, ‘I’m blessed.’ And I’m going to respond the same way today. I’m blessed to be in this position. We’re blessed to be in the Outback Bowl. We’re blessed to have this opportunity, alright?
“But I said this, ‘I’m going to prove I belong. Every. Single. Day. And it’s no different. So right now, it’s that chip on my shoulder, it’s something to prove."
-- Jon Blau--Herald-Times

OH!!! So it's not about the BigTen now it's about the BCS folks. And I'm blinded because my team beat yours (even though that's how things normally work in sports) and you wish mayhem upon the Buckeye's because....why again? :huh:

You're calling me blind as you rant on like a woman scorned. :fingerhead: :lol3:

And then post an article from The Hoosier Times as "Hard Evidence" as to why any Indiana's situation is Ohio States fault? :huh: :rolleyes:

So what part of YOU GOT BEAT are YOU blinded too? Explain again how your bowl selection is Ohio States fault. :hi:

Indiana has won the BigTen Conference TWICE in history - - 1945 and 1967. :eek:

And now you think a 6-1 season being beaten by the final Conference Champion should put Indiana in the final four? :huh: Was that what you were trying to say to begin with? Indiana is a top 4 team? :huh:

I said in the beginning that Indiana was having a good year, congrats, and all that. Are they better or more deserving than a BUNCH of other teams this year? Hell no.

Sorry Tim - I guess your expectation got away from ya this year but don't blame everyone else. :crying:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:12 am

And this is why I do not understand why the NCAA will not expand the playoff format from four to eight teams. It adds one more freaking game, :rolleyes: and the teams do not need six weeks off (in non covid year). Instead of two games, its three. :rolleyes:

Then you would have SEVEN bowl games; all with seasons on the line and all must see TV for fans. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Today, we have three meaningful bowl games, and a bunch of wasted exhibition games that only draw the attention of the most dedicated fans from just those two schools. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And it also solved the problem of rankings. I would say the winner of the five power conferences advance, and then the three highest ranking at-large teams. Then if you have someone complaining that they should be in front of the #8 ranked team, you can tell them they are not even close. :no: As it is today, there are legitimate grievances.

Oh, a girl can dream. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:03 am

Always been all for the 8 team play-off. But I'd still put Texas A&M, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, and Florida ahead of Indiana.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Tim Terrell » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:03 pm

I think Rat Creek got it right...

Only thing HNT has to debate with is insults and multiple, colorful 'Smilies. Sure sign of a lost cause. You maintain the Hoosiers had an undeserving 'fluke' of a Covid season against Big Ten opponents who really weren't that strong this season. (Well, excepting OSU.) Time will tell-- this is new ground for the Hoosiers; actually having a winning program. LOL. Big Ten clearly accommodated OSU in the rule-change. Deserved or not.
To me, the funniest and most ironic part of it all was Indiana played to an empty stadium and none of those long time, loyal fans were there to tear-down the goal-posts. They might have actually sold-out Memorial Stadium this season... besides when they play OSU here and the Buckeye fans travel to fill the stands. Much to celebrate and much to prove in season(s) ahead. Indiana football likened to Rodney Dangerfield right now.
I think the IU program has FINALLY taken a major turn-- and expect the Hoosiers to continue building on their success. I was a 13yr old in the stands when IU beat Purdue at home--sealed as Big Ten Co-Champs--and went to the '67 Rose Bowl.
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:02 pm

Tim Terrell wrote:I think Rat Creek got it right...

Only thing HNT has to debate with is insults and multiple, colorful 'Smilies. Sure sign of a lost cause. You maintain the Hoosiers had an undeserving 'fluke' of a Covid season against Big Ten opponents who really weren't that strong this season. (Well, excepting OSU.) Time will tell-- this is new ground for the Hoosiers; actually having a winning program. LOL. Big Ten clearly accommodated OSU in the rule-change. Deserved or not.
To me, the funniest and most ironic part of it all was Indiana played to an empty stadium and none of those long time, loyal fans were there to tear-down the goal-posts. They might have actually sold-out Memorial Stadium this season... besides when they play OSU here and the Buckeye fans travel to fill the stands. Much to celebrate and much to prove in season(s) ahead. Indiana football likened to Rodney Dangerfield right now.
I think the IU program has FINALLY taken a major turn-- and expect the Hoosiers to continue building on their success. I was a 13yr old in the stands when IU beat Purdue at home--sealed as Big Ten Co-Champs--and went to the '67 Rose Bowl.

:rolleyes: Really? You spill a bunch of BS that has no merit except expressing your hurt feelings and then blame Ohio State wishing them ill? :huh:

You want league respect? Try winning instead of whining. Two conference championships in over 50 years is gonna take more than a 6-1 record and a loss to Ohio State to overcome. :hi:

You put forth nothing "debatable". :rolleyes:

BTW Tim - where did I say this? :huh:

Tim Terrell wrote:ISure sign of a lost cause. You maintain the Hoosiers had an undeserving 'fluke' of a Covid season against Big Ten opponents who really weren't that strong this season.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:39 am

We have a Hoosier-Buckeye throw down happening. :hammer:

Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Next

Return to The Honey Hole