.410 shells?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: .410 shells?

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:23 am

Bluesky2012 wrote:Wanted to circle back. The first hunt was a hit. He thoroughly enjoyed the early morning boat ride, wore the teal whistle out, and put down a healthy batch of doughnuts and sour straws to his mother’s chagrin.

We managed to knock down a good mix of wigeon and gadwalls and one unlucky spoony.

My 7 year old got his first bird and it will be making its place on the wall to commemorate a big moment. He water swatted it in the decoys. Proudly watched him take out a handful of avian decoys for this bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to the boy! Am sure he was/is pretty excited. I wouldn't be trying to blame the pellets in the Avian's on him though! :lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Boatman » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:38 am

Congrats to you and the boy bluesky.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:48 am

HNTFSH wrote:
Bluesky2012 wrote:Wanted to circle back. The first hunt was a hit. He thoroughly enjoyed the early morning boat ride, wore the teal whistle out, and put down a healthy batch of doughnuts and sour straws to his mother’s chagrin.

We managed to knock down a good mix of wigeon and gadwalls and one unlucky spoony.

My 7 year old got his first bird and it will be making its place on the wall to commemorate a big moment. He water swatted it in the decoys. Proudly watched him take out a handful of avian decoys for this bird.

Congrats to the boy! Am sure he was/is pretty excited. I wouldn't be trying to blame the pellets in the Avian's on him though! :lol3:

The holes in the Dakota decoys are from yours truly. Sound like maracas when you toss them.

Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Congratulations! Decoys are replaceable for an occasion like this.
I got to watch my middle son take his first bird thanksgiving morning.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Bluesky2012 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:27 pm

ByersFarm wrote:

I’ve got 2 in the chute behind him so I’m hoping this is one of many fun firsts.

Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:36 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

I’ve got 2 in the chute behind him so I’m hoping this is one of many fun firsts.

That’s the way it should be. My first two were able to take their first bird at 5 years old with their great grandfather’s 870. Now my 7 year old has moved up to a 20 ga 1100 that was my first gun after belonging to my mother.
I’ve got two more behind them that I can’t wait to get started.
Keep up the good work.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby mudpack » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:38 am

You have a winner there. :thumbsup:
Often wrong, never in doubt...
mudpack
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole