Big Water Mallards Hunt

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby chasemukluk » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:37 am

Have any of you had success killing mallards over big water? We had a fun hunt on Lake Michigan last week and the mallards were loving the wooded shoreline. Haven't seen too many guys take mallards this way. Or, maybe just never looked that hard for the habitat they were hunting. Anyways, here is the hunt if you want to check it out. 4 man mixed bag limit with a bunch of puddlers.

https://youtu.be/7PMuoB5kY84

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
chasemukluk
hunter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Bluesky2012 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:20 pm

chasemukluk wrote:Have any of you had success killing mallards over big water? We had a fun hunt on Lake Michigan last week and the mallards were loving the wooded shoreline. Haven't seen too many guys take mallards this way. Or, maybe just never looked that hard for the habitat they were hunting. Anyways, here is the hunt if you want to check it out. 4 man mixed bag limit with a bunch of puddlers.

https://youtu.be/7PMuoB5kY84

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Stop promoting your YouTube channel. No one cares.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Bluesky2012
hunter
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 pm
Location: up the creek without a paddle

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Madhook » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:43 am

This place is dead I'm not thinking it is a good idea to knock any post.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Madhook
hunter
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:35 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:02 am

Madhook wrote:This place is dead I'm not thinking it is a good idea to knock any post.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


Think the idea is to post more, converse, get to know people virtually and keep it interesting. I eye-roll when guys with 1 post a month or less complain how dead the place is. :rolleyes:

I do agree that sometimes people just try to build some utube following which I'm personally uninterested in visiting. I like utube for comedy or how-to's on fixing chit. :lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41356
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Madhook » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:28 am

Hnt I have been mostly posting in my state forum and I am one of the few that has for a while

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Madhook
hunter
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:35 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:16 am

Madhook wrote:Hnt I have been mostly posting in my state forum and I am one of the few that has for a while

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


That's what it takes and I agree State Forums can be tough to revive. But you gotta admit, people that complain about traffic but don't start/reply many conversations are a little ironic in thought. Same with folks that show up right at duck season wondering why it's gotten slow. :huh:

Though I'm sure Fakebook is as busy as usual.
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41356
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:40 am

In before the lock :biggrin:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 25010
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Minnesota / Calif.

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Madhook » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:51 am

I don't do Facebook My pointMay have came across wrong but I was trying to simply state that people should be able to post whatever they like without having negativityThe negativity is the reason most people don't come here anymore

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Madhook
hunter
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:35 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby 5 stand » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:54 am

Bingo! madhook
5 stand
hunter
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:14 am
Location: West, Ar

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:01 am

Madhook wrote:I don't do Facebook My pointMay have came across wrong but I was trying to simply state that people should be able to post whatever they like without having negativityThe negativity is the reason most people don't come here anymore

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


If negativity was the culprit, FakeBook would be dead.
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41356
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:02 am

OGblackcloud wrote:In before the lock :biggrin:


:lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41356
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:40 am

HNTFSH wrote:If negativity was the culprit, FakeBook would be dead.


:lol: So true. And people would say- Is it twitter, twatter, tweeter??? Because that place is a sewer. I killed my account. No one needs to be drinking that graywater everyday. :no:

Personally, I like the ebb and flow of how a post (conversation) can start with duck identification and transition into HNTSH's inability to cross country ski like a Swede. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12987
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 am

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:If negativity was the culprit, FakeBook would be dead.


:lol: So true. And people would say- Is it twitter, twatter, tweeter??? Because that place is a sewer. I killed my account. No one needs to be drinking that graywater everyday. :no:

Personally, I like the ebb and flow of how a post (conversation) can start with duck identification and transition into HNTSH's inability to cross country ski like a Swede. :thumbsup:


It is true I have no plans to improve there. :oops:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41356
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Bluesky2012 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:47 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Madhook wrote:I don't do Facebook My pointMay have came across wrong but I was trying to simply state that people should be able to post whatever they like without having negativityThe negativity is the reason most people don't come here anymore

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


If negativity was the culprit, FakeBook would be dead.
Negativity, sarcasm, and the same jokes about shooting grebes and “woulda been a real shooter next year” are the only reason I stick around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Bluesky2012
hunter
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 pm
Location: up the creek without a paddle

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Locked&Loaded » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:32 am

Bluesky2012 wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Madhook wrote:I don't do Facebook My pointMay have came across wrong but I was trying to simply state that people should be able to post whatever they like without having negativityThe negativity is the reason most people don't come here anymore

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


If negativity was the culprit, FakeBook would be dead.
Negativity, sarcasm, and the same jokes about shooting grebes and “woulda been a real shooter next year” are the only reason I stick around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Agreed. Also, DHC history has illustrated how effective such negativity has been in weeding out the sensitive ninnies.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Locked&Loaded » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am

Madhook wrote:I don't do Facebook My pointMay have came across wrong but I was trying to simply state that people should be able to post whatever they like without having negativityThe negativity is the reason most people don't come here anymore

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


DHC has taken a quality over quantity position, so your feedback is appreciated.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby sprigs4days » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:00 am

Buncha blowhards

Dude, video sucks. Lose all the fancy gadgets and get a dog
“Life is hard, but it’s harder when you’re stupid” J. Kennedy (R-LA)
User avatar
sprigs4days
hunter
 
Posts: 8056
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 am
Location: California

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:28 am

Bluesky2012 wrote:Negativity, sarcasm, and the same jokes about shooting grebes and “woulda been a real shooter next year” are the only reason I stick around.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :beer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12987
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:27 am

sprigs4days wrote:Buncha blowhards

Dude, video sucks. Lose all the fancy gadgets and get a dog



Finally some one who gets it :beer:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 25010
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Minnesota / Calif.

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby TrapperRob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:41 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Madhook wrote:This place is dead I'm not thinking it is a good idea to knock any post.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


Think the idea is to post more, converse, get to know people virtually and keep it interesting. I eye-roll when guys with 1 post a month or less complain how dead the place is. :rolleyes:

I do agree that sometimes people just try to build some utube following which I'm personally uninterested in visiting. I like utube for comedy or how-to's on fixing chit. :lol3:


I just try YouTube to figure out a way to hunt a plond.
Be a mentor.

Semper Paratus
User avatar
TrapperRob
hunter
 
Posts: 3173
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:56 pm
Location: Delmarva

Re: Big Water Mallards Hunt

Postby Bluesky2012 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 pm

sprigs4days wrote:Buncha blowhards

Dude, video sucks. Lose all the fancy gadgets and get a dog
Like this one? Seems like all the YouTubers are endorsing the product. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Bluesky2012
hunter
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 pm
Location: up the creek without a paddle


Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5 stand and 22 guests