Thermos Bottles

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Thermos Bottles

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:33 pm

Guys my old thermos bottle went tits up and Im in the market for a new one. I have two of the old American made Stanley standard size bottles but I want a smaller one. My old one held 3.5 cups whcih was just perfect for a morning hunt. What are you guys using
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Re: Thermos Bottles

Postby don novicki » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:14 am

I just have an old Stanley myself. Been a faithful companion for a long time now.
don novicki
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:03 am

cluckmeister wrote:Guys my old thermos bottle went tits up and Im in the market for a new one. I have two of the old American made Stanley standard size bottles but I want a smaller one. My old one held 3.5 cups whcih was just perfect for a morning hunt. What are you guys using

Check a larger Walmart, they have some smaller Ozark Trail insulated aluminum water bottles that double well for what you want. The insulated mugs and cups are fantastic at keeping things hot or cold.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:50 am

Stanley
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:54 am

Hydro flask is a good brand. I have a bunch of their cups and a couple thermos style products. I have some pint glasses and tumblers that I use all the time.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
Moderator in Training

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:09 am

X2 on Hydroflask products. They make a 12, 16, and 20 oz coffee thermos. I have the 16 and 20 ouncers and they do a great job of keeping liquids hot all day.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Tim Terrell » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:01 pm

I have a stainless Nissan.
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby mtncntrykid » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:19 pm

Went from an old Stanley to a Nissan and didn't look back. Great thermos.
mtncntrykid
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Thanks guys
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:14 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Check a larger Walmart, they have some smaller Ozark Trail insulated aluminum water bottles that double well for what you want. The insulated mugs and cups are fantastic at keeping things hot or cold.

Or you could pay 10x and get a Yeti, and really impress people you do not like. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:16 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

Or you could pay 10x and get a Yeti, and really impress people you do not like. :yes:

Ain't that the truth. I'm pretty sure something being bear-proof isn't a top ten on my list. Nor is keeping food cold for 3 weeks while I'm in the bush chasing said bear.

My measurement is: does the insulated tumbler keep my beverage hot or cold as long as I need a beverage to be hot or cold before I drink it all or toss it out. Ozark Trail fills that bill. Hell...I actually get a little annoyed when 3/4 of the ice is still ice the next day, 12 hours later, where I left it on my desk. I have to dump ice before rinsing the tumbler out. :crying:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Boatman » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 pm

I have a Nissan stainless double wall vacuum Enhanced, the best Dang thermos I've ever owned. If you drop it,it dents really easy and mines all beat up but holds coffee for 24 hours still warm. I have owned it for 30 years.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:02 am

HNTFSH wrote: Hell...I actually get a little annoyed when 3/4 of the ice is still ice the next day, 12 hours later, where I left it on my desk. I have to dump ice before rinsing the tumbler out. :crying:

So true. The struggle is real. :hammer:

At the lake, on many occasions, I have walked down to the dock in the morning with a cup of coffee and dumped out multiple Ozark Trail tumblers with ice in them, from the boat cup holders. These were the adult beverage remnants from the previous evenings boat ride. :yes:

Now, if they could just make coolers and tumblers carry themselves back up to the lake house, I would pay extra for that. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby California Sprig » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:25 am

Nissan or Stanley both are great. I kind of like Stanley because they are old school and bring back good old days memories. Also get a good insulated mug and you are set.
Last edited by California Sprig on Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:26 am

California Sprig wrote:Nissan or Stanley both are great. I kind of like Stanley because they are old school and bring back good old days memories. A so get a good insulated mug and you are set.

Aren't Nissan's also made by Stanley?
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby 1546 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:35 am

I use a squeeze top Contigo with a locking lid. May get a second to have two mugs worth in the pit.

https://www.gocontigo.com/16-oz-autoseal-west-loop-stainless-travel-mug-with-easy-clean-lid.html
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:35 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Aren't Nissan's also made by Stanley?

More likely the other way around or both are made by forced labor in China. :sad:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Locked&Loaded » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:49 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

I lol'd :lol3:
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Boatman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:19 am

LOL

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby kahunna » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:09 am

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:Aren't Nissan's also made by Stanley?

More likely the other way around or both are made by forced labor in China. :sad:

Stanley owned by PMI (Pacific Market International), NW USA company whose other big brand is Aladdin. PMI also makes all of Starbuck's (any many other private retailers) containers. Since PMI Bought company that owned Stanley a few years ago, everything is made in china. :sad:
kahunna
hunter

Postby Duckinsam » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:59 am

Cluck just curious how does a thermos bottle go tits up? It's not like they have a motor or any electronics on them that can fail

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not sure
Duckinsam
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:42 pm

Duckinsam wrote:Cluck just curious how does a thermos bottle go tits up? It's not like they have a motor or any electronics on them that can fail

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

The plastic threads in the lid just wore out to the point the lid wouldnt seal any longer. Thats what happens when you screw a plastic lid thread into metal threads for about 15 years
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Yankeegray » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:53 pm

Purchased a Contego from Amazon had it for two years and am satisfied with it. Keeps my coffee hot till noon.
“We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” -Ronald Regan
Yankeegray
hunter

Postby Terrapin » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:52 pm

The 20 oz Thermoflask works better than the Yeti. The key is to keep it full. Heat loss occurs much faster in the dead space. I would almost rather have two 16 ounce. Both of them work substantially better than my Stanley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Terrapin
hunter

Postby sthwht24 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:43 am

I use an old Aladdin Stanley made in Nashville, TN that belonged to my great grandparents. I’d have to think about it if you told me I could only bring the thermos or my gun...
Haven’t heard of Nissans I’ll have to check them out. As much as I love the old Stanley something smaller might be good for the handful of times I gotta walk in a long ways.
I used to have one of their newer push button single serve thermoses but I lost it.
sthwht24
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole