Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Dunn’s is running a special on a kimber 45 and a Benelli m2. I was gonna jump on both of them, then the impending gun tax has me thinking...
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
Moderator in Training
 
Posts: 12969
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:03 pm

I guess this is just a little political...
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
Moderator in Training
 
Posts: 12969
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:08 am

jaysweet3 wrote:Dunn’s is running a special on a kimber 45 and a Benelli m2. I was gonna jump on both of them, then the impending gun tax has me thinking...


Been thinking about a handgun but the current outrageous cost and chitty availability is what's holding me back.

What are you estimating the tax to be?
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41356
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Boatman » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:46 am

jaysweet3 wrote:Dunn’s is running a special on a kimber 45 and a Benelli m2. I was gonna jump on both of them, then the impending gun tax has me thinking...
That rumour is just keep people from buying guns worked on you didn't it.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
User avatar
Boatman
hunter
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Atlantic

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby kahunna » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:02 am

Pardon my ignorance...but why wait if there is a chance that pending/if passed lib bill would add a 30%(+-) tax to the cost of purchasing a firearm that one wants? Future sale price reductions?
kahunna
hunter
 
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:05 am

Yeah and owning one.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
Moderator in Training
 
Posts: 12969
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:34 am

The promise from the socialist 2nd Amendment haters is they will put an ANNUAL tax in place. Guns and clips will both be taxed so that you are paying about $100 per year per gun. That's a lot of money. :mad:

How do you avoid the tax? Turn in your guns. :mad: :no:

And to the question, I have held off for that reason and because after the Summer of Love, er, I mean rioting, guns and ammo are at a premium. :fingerpt:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12987
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby sthwht24 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:39 am

It’s been as much about ammo scarcity and price for me- don’t see much point in spending gun money on something I won’t be able to shoot. Rather spend that money on ammo when I find it for a price I’m willing to pay.
There’s nothing gun wise I really need at the moment but I have quickly dismissed some deals I’ve came across because of that-
User avatar
sthwht24
hunter
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:44 am

Agree. The crazy price for ammo sure takes the fun out of it when you can count in dollars each time you squeeze the trigger. :crying:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12987
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:58 am

Rat Creek wrote:Agree. The crazy price for ammo sure takes the fun out of it when you can count in dollars each time you squeeze the trigger. :crying:


I've had to order a bill accepter for my bullet gunball machine from Amazon. :fingerhead:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41356
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:13 am

HNTFSH wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:Agree. The crazy price for ammo sure takes the fun out of it when you can count in dollars each time you squeeze the trigger. :crying:


I've had to order a bill accepter for my bullet gunball machine from Amazon. :fingerhead:


No kidding. The lowest price for 9mm on Cheaperthandirt.com is $1 per bullet. :crying: No more clip emptying barrages. :sad:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12987
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Dep6 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:44 pm

This mess is slap crazy!! :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
User avatar
Dep6
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9790
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:17 pm
Location: GA

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Guys check out Reeds Family Outdoor Outfitters, Ive bought 3 handguns from them and they have had the best prices I can find . All it takes is for you to have a FFL dealer to have them send the gun to after you purchase it. In fact I just ordered another Kimber Micro 9 on Tuesday and its already been shipped
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
User avatar
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 12371
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Boatman » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:42 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:Agree. The crazy price for ammo sure takes the fun out of it when you can count in dollars each time you squeeze the trigger. :crying:


I've had to order a bill accepter for my bullet gunball machine from Amazon. :fingerhead:


No kidding. The lowest price for 9mm on Cheaperthandirt.com is $1 per bullet. :crying: No more clip emptying barrages. :sad:
Damn ,Sportsmans warehouse has them for $15 in a 50 round box that's $0.30 a round

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
User avatar
Boatman
hunter
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Atlantic

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Boatman, do you mean the boxes that are sold out. :sad: All they have in stock are $1+ per bullet.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12987
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby ohio mike » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:22 pm

I'm getting ready to sell a few I never use anymore. Anything bigger then a Red Ryder is going for a premium right now.
Pumpguns and puppies,who could ask for anything more!
ohio mike
hunter
 
Posts: 3972
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:08 pm
Location: Northwest Ohio

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:26 pm

30 % off at Sportsman's here
User avatar
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 25010
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Minnesota / Calif.

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Boatman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:41 am

Rat Creek wrote:Boatman, do you mean the boxes that are sold out. :sad: All they have in stock are $1+ per bullet.
At the store yesterday they had a pile 2' wide 5 boxes high 4 boxes deep $15 per box of 50 limit 2 per customer. Get off the internet and get on the phone

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
User avatar
Boatman
hunter
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Atlantic

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Boatman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:52 am

OK says sold out but I just bought some their big pileImage

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
User avatar
Boatman
hunter
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Atlantic

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Dep6 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:43 am

No not really, someone, who shall remain nameless, might have found the Diamondback 5.56 on sale somewheres and couldn't resist temptation. Course this could have been like a month ago or so. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
User avatar
Dep6
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9790
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:17 pm
Location: GA

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Locked&Loaded » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:21 pm

cluckmeister wrote:Guys check out Reeds Family Outdoor Outfitters, Ive bought 3 handguns from them and they have had the best prices I can find . All it takes is for you to have a FFL dealer to have them send the gun to after you purchase it. In fact I just ordered another Kimber Micro 9 on Tuesday and its already been shipped


I've never purchased a gun and had it transferred to an FFL, but I found a cheap over and under I really want and it would require transfer. Is doing this with an FFL a pain in the neck or is it a pretty smooth process. What does the FFL generally charge for transfer?
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:42 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
cluckmeister wrote:Guys check out Reeds Family Outdoor Outfitters, Ive bought 3 handguns from them and they have had the best prices I can find . All it takes is for you to have a FFL dealer to have them send the gun to after you purchase it. In fact I just ordered another Kimber Micro 9 on Tuesday and its already been shipped


I've never purchased a gun and had it transferred to an FFL, but I found a cheap over and under I really want and it would require transfer. Is doing this with an FFL a pain in the neck or is it a pretty smooth process. What does the FFL generally charge for transfer?


Yes, pretty easy. You will need to provide the shipper the FFL's required info before as part of the transaction. I think average is $50.00.
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41356
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Locked&Loaded » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:58 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
cluckmeister wrote:Guys check out Reeds Family Outdoor Outfitters, Ive bought 3 handguns from them and they have had the best prices I can find . All it takes is for you to have a FFL dealer to have them send the gun to after you purchase it. In fact I just ordered another Kimber Micro 9 on Tuesday and its already been shipped


I've never purchased a gun and had it transferred to an FFL, but I found a cheap over and under I really want and it would require transfer. Is doing this with an FFL a pain in the neck or is it a pretty smooth process. What does the FFL generally charge for transfer?


Yes, pretty easy. You will need to provide the shipper the FFL's required info before as part of the transaction. I think average is $50.00.


Thanks for that info. Any of you fellas heard of ATI (American Tactical Inc.)? They make an over and under for under $500. I'm one of those that generally figures you get what you pay for, particularly with guns. However, a buddy of mine won an ATI Calvary at a DU event and he informed me about 2 weeks ago that he's put 2,500 rounds through it without a hiccup and really likes the gun. I wanted a cheapie that I could throw on the seat of the side-by-side while cruising around and not worry too much about it getting beat up.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Mike the Fox » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:47 pm

I may or may not have just purchased a ruger American predator in 6.5 creedmoor to work on the local coyote population. Added a Harris bipod, sling, and a 5x25 power scope.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Mike the Fox
hunter
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:58 pm
Location: good ol' Burnham

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby noweil » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:11 pm

I would suggest selling every gun, magazine, and bullet you own just to be safe from the "impending gun tax" rumor.
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:06 pm
Location: N. IL

Next

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests