Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:20 pm

noweil wrote:I would suggest selling every gun, magazine, and bullet you own just to be safe from the "impending gun tax" rumor.


Guess the ones I haven't lost somewhere in the woods recently I will. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41325
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby jsh909 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:22 pm

FFL transfers around here are usually 10 or 20 bucks
jsh909
hunter
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:36 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Dep6 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:40 am

Can't believe I misplaced those guns!!











Be sure to make a report if you Lose or Misplace any!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
User avatar
Dep6
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9780
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:17 pm
Location: GA

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:11 pm

The woods and marshes can hold many guns, and the number of random sales to strangers at gas stations is sure to skyrocket, but only the gas stations with no security footage. :hammer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12968
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
cluckmeister wrote:Guys check out Reeds Family Outdoor Outfitters, Ive bought 3 handguns from them and they have had the best prices I can find . All it takes is for you to have a FFL dealer to have them send the gun to after you purchase it. In fact I just ordered another Kimber Micro 9 on Tuesday and its already been shipped


I've never purchased a gun and had it transferred to an FFL, but I found a cheap over and under I really want and it would require transfer. Is doing this with an FFL a pain in the neck or is it a pretty smooth process. What does the FFL generally charge for transfer?


My FFl person charges 20 bucks, here in Kansas 20 to 25 is the standard rate

Btw Ive ordered 3 handguns from Reeds and received them all within 3 days.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
User avatar
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Tim Terrell » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:00 pm

I've never had any issues with orders from Reed's-- and would recommend them as friendly, helpful and hassle-free.
Tim Terrell
hunter
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby sthwht24 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:50 am

I was going to sell all mine but then they all fell off that boat. Damndest thing. I knew I shouldn’t have taken all of my guns fishing...oh well...what ya gonna do?
User avatar
sthwht24
hunter
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Dep6 wrote:Can't believe I misplaced those guns!!











Be sure to make a report if you Lose or Misplace any!!
I’m reporting it here, misplaced all my guns.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 11778
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:21 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Dep6 wrote:Can't believe I misplaced those guns!!











Be sure to make a report if you Lose or Misplace any!!
I’m reporting it here, misplaced all my guns.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Me too and oddly enough since State Farm sends me a calendar every year at this time I do not feel right filing a claim. :bow:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41325
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Anyone else holding off on new gun purchases?

Postby Locked&Loaded » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:15 pm

cluckmeister wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
cluckmeister wrote:Guys check out Reeds Family Outdoor Outfitters, Ive bought 3 handguns from them and they have had the best prices I can find . All it takes is for you to have a FFL dealer to have them send the gun to after you purchase it. In fact I just ordered another Kimber Micro 9 on Tuesday and its already been shipped


I've never purchased a gun and had it transferred to an FFL, but I found a cheap over and under I really want and it would require transfer. Is doing this with an FFL a pain in the neck or is it a pretty smooth process. What does the FFL generally charge for transfer?


My FFl person charges 20 bucks, here in Kansas 20 to 25 is the standard rate

Btw Ive ordered 3 handguns from Reeds and received them all within 3 days.


Thanks, Cluck! I just ordered an over-under from Reeds. FFL here charged me $35, so pretty reasonable. :beer:
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests