Flapping vs Spinning

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Ahhhhh Daniel Son ..... (in my best Japanese accent).
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:Ahhhhh Daniel Son ..... (in my best Japanese accent).


"Wet da deer come to yo my son"
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:19 am

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:Ahhhhh Daniel Son ..... (in my best Japanese accent).


"Wet da deer come to yo my son"


:huh:
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:26 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:Ahhhhh Daniel Son ..... (in my best Japanese accent).


"Wet da deer come to yo my son"


:huh:


:lol3: That was MY best jap impression of: "Let the deer come to you my son".

Instead of chasing it, let it come to you. That should be the message to young mountain hunters.

I could draw a picture if it helps. :oops:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:29 am

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:Ahhhhh Daniel Son ..... (in my best Japanese accent).


"Wet da deer come to yo my son"


:huh:


:lol3: That was MY best jap impression of: "Let the deer come to you my son".

Instead of chasing it, let it come to you. That should be the message to young mountain hunters.

I could draw a picture if it helps. :oops:


:lol3: :lol3: Oooohhhhh! I tried sounding that out for 5 minutes and was obviously making it much more complicated than it needed to be!
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:Ahhhhh Daniel Son ..... (in my best Japanese accent).


"Wet da deer come to yo my son"


:huh:


:lol3: That was MY best jap impression of: "Let the deer come to you my son".

Instead of chasing it, let it come to you. That should be the message to young mountain hunters.

I could draw a picture if it helps. :oops:


:lol3: :lol3: Oooohhhhh! I tried sounding that out for 5 minutes and was obviously making it much more complicated than it needed to be!


:lol3: my bad... :fingerhead:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 am

Speaking of Japanese accents .....

I'm pretty sure I've shared this on here before, but a few years ago I was walking into the hospital and there was an older Japanese gentleman behind me. I opened the door for him and as he passed by me he said "saaank you."

I wanted to punch him for brining up Pearl Harbor like that.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:Speaking of Japanese accents .....

I'm pretty sure I've shared this on here before, but a few years ago I was walking into the hospital and there was an older Japanese gentleman behind me. I opened the door for him and as he passed by me he said "saaank you."

I wanted to punch him for brining up Pearl Harbor like that.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:23 am

:eek: :eek: :eek: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

FaRaRaRaRa...RaRaRaRa

Image
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12974
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:07 pm

Rat Creek wrote::eek: :eek: :eek: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

FaRaRaRaRa...RaRaRaRa

Image


One of my all time favorite flicks and I watch it every year! The narration throughout this movie is brilliant and the writing is spot on:

"Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue steel beauty. The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received, or would ever receive. Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pranging ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots."

We could start an entire thread based on favorite lines from this movie.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:40 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote: The narration throughout this movie is brilliant and the writing is spot on:


Totally agree. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12974
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:43 pm

uuhmmmm...what movie is this? :huh:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Mike the Fox » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:08 pm

HNTFSH wrote:uuhmmmm...what movie is this? :huh:
Umm.... a Christmas story. Only the greatest Christmas movie of all time followed closely by national lampoons Christmas vacation. So many good quotes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Mike the Fox
hunter
 
Posts: 4052
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:58 pm
Location: good ol' Burnham

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 pm

HNTFSH wrote:uuhmmmm...what movie is this? :huh:


GET OUT!

Another one of my favorite quotes from this movie:

"My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium, a master."
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:11 pm

Mike the Fox wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:uuhmmmm...what movie is this? :huh:
Umm.... a Christmas story. Only the greatest Christmas movie of all time followed closely by national lampoons Christmas vacation. So many good quotes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


:lol3: Thanks! I did not recognize that scene and couldn't make out the characters. In my defense, have probably not seen it since it came out and was likely stoned. Will have to catch it straight this time! :thumbsup:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:13 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:uuhmmmm...what movie is this? :huh:


GET OUT!

Another one of my favorite quotes from this movie:

"My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium, a master."


I remember the Red Ryder. :lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:24 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:uuhmmmm...what movie is this? :huh:


GET OUT!

Another one of my favorite quotes from this movie:

"My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium, a master."


I remember the Red Ryder. :lol3:


..... You'll shoot your eye out.

Put down the bong and dial-up Amazon Prime video! You'll thank us all later.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:uuhmmmm...what movie is this? :huh:


GET OUT!

Another one of my favorite quotes from this movie:

"My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium, a master."


I remember the Red Ryder. :lol3:


..... You'll shoot your eye out.

Put down the bong and dial-up Amazon Prime video! You'll thank us all later.


I am hip, I do have Prime. Music too. What a joy getting my 60's and 70's classic rock from a phone and through my Polk Tower audio system with a Yamaha receiver. Seriously - screw CD's!!

Anyway - funny thing is we built this house in '88 and at some point in that year I hid a small bag of weed and a blue bong somewhere. More like I "put it out of sight" rather than hide because I wasn't smoking dope anymore but didn't want to throw it away "just in case". :lol3:

I have not seen nor found it since but am sure it's somewhere. It's like a ghost. :help:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Flapping vs Spinning

Postby Locked&Loaded » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 am

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:uuhmmmm...what movie is this? :huh:


GET OUT!

Another one of my favorite quotes from this movie:

"My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium, a master."


I remember the Red Ryder. :lol3:


..... You'll shoot your eye out.

Put down the bong and dial-up Amazon Prime video! You'll thank us all later.


I am hip, I do have Prime. Music too. What a joy getting my 60's and 70's classic rock from a phone and through my Polk Tower audio system with a Yamaha receiver. Seriously - screw CD's!!

Anyway - funny thing is we built this house in '88 and at some point in that year I hid a small bag of weed and a blue bong somewhere. More like I "put it out of sight" rather than hide because I wasn't smoking dope anymore but didn't want to throw it away "just in case". :lol3:

I have not seen nor found it since but am sure it's somewhere. It's like a ghost. :help:


:lol3: Remember those 'special' brownies your lil lady made for your birthday back in '89?
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests