Experimental Vaccine

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Experimental Vaccine

Postby Boatman » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 am

So we have our first death from the experimental vaccine a healthy mid age male. Look that up if you are in doubt. Do not take this experimental vaccine especially if you are thinking of having a baby for the females. And by the way it does have a tracking ability in it, this is why the military is involved.. Their has been 0 animal tests done with this experimental vaccine. Please watch this in it's entirety.

[youtube]z72zIfdnjC4&t[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z72zIfdnjC4&t=25s
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Re: Experimental Vaccine

Postby Phytoplankton » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:49 am

Youtube, your trusted source for conspiracy theories!!

106806681-crazy-scared-man-wearing-tin-foil-hat-paranoia-or-conspiracy-theory-concept.jpg
Phytoplankton
hunter

Postby Boatman » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:01 pm

Phytoplankton wrote:Youtube, your trusted source for conspiracy theories!!

106806681-crazy-scared-man-wearing-tin-foil-hat-paranoia-or-conspiracy-theory-concept.jpg
Who you gonna trust the experts that have not treated one patient or licence doctors. And I know from our research, the wife and I at the vaccine websites, she Is spot on. The only thing she said that may be debatable is the animal testing with the vaccine,and that's up in the air.

Some safe Vaccine, 23 in Norway ,10 in Germany and one in United States die after taking the vaccine.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:12 pm

I went to my Dr for my semi annual check up last Friday. We discussed the vaccine and pros and cons. My Dr is Board Certified in Sports Medicine and Family Medicine. He is also a leading faculty member of The Kansas University School of Medicine. He highly suggests getting the vaccine especially if you are elderly or have other medical issues. He said he did an extensive study on the vaccine before he took it himself. His thoughts were that any medicine or vaccine can and will cause certain people issues, but the pros of the vaccine far out weigh the cons.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Phytoplankton » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:40 pm

Boatman wrote:

Who you gonna trust the experts that have not treated one patient or licence doctors. And I know from our research, the wife and I at the vaccine websites, she Is spot on. The only thing she said that may be debatable is the animal testing with the vaccine,and that's up in the air.

Some safe Vaccine, 23 in Norway ,10 in Germany and one in United States die after taking the vaccine.

What vaccine websites? The antivax sites, no doubt. And the tracking capability that you say is in the vaccine, who verified that? Is the death toll in the US 400K from getting the vaccine?
Phytoplankton
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:55 am

Phytoplankton wrote:
Boatman wrote:

What vaccine websites? The antivax sites, no doubt. And the tracking capability that you say is in the vaccine, who verified that? Is the death toll in the US 400K from getting the vaccine?
The Moderna website. Where they admit aborted Fetuses are used in the making of vaccines As well as information about the Rna stitching. So I am amaze you have done absolutely no research on the vaccine what so ever.That's smart.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:57 am

cluckmeister wrote:I went to my Dr for my semi annual check up last Friday. We discussed the vaccine and pros and cons. My Dr is Board Certified in Sports Medicine and Family Medicine. He is also a leading faculty member of The Kansas University School of Medicine. He highly suggests getting the vaccine especially if you are elderly or have other medical issues. He said he did an extensive study on the vaccine before he took it himself. His thoughts were that any medicine or vaccine can and will cause certain people issues, but the pros of the vaccine far out weigh the cons.
In Norway the 23 people that have died after getting the vaccine were mostly elderly the exact people it's intended to protect. And that was after just 20000 units administer

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:41 am

cluckmeister wrote:I went to my Dr for my semi annual check up last Friday. We discussed the vaccine and pros and cons. My Dr is Board Certified in Sports Medicine and Family Medicine. He is also a leading faculty member of The Kansas University School of Medicine. He highly suggests getting the vaccine especially if you are elderly or have other medical issues. He said he did an extensive study on the vaccine before he took it himself. His thoughts were that any medicine or vaccine can and will cause certain people issues, but the pros of the vaccine far out weigh the cons.

Your doc is 100% correct.
Folks, get your information from peer reviewed medical journals.
I got vaccine #1 two weeks ago and will get #2 next week. I for one am grateful they are available.
Last edited by Locked&Loaded on Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:43 am

I love how the anti-vax folks believe that anything less than a 100% safety guarantee is proof of their theories, when that kind of guarantee is not possible with any other aspect of life, much less drug or medical procedure. Compare that risk factor to the number who have contracted or died from this disease and things start to become much clearer. But I tend not to argue the point too far. Interfering with Darwinism isn't good for our species :wink:
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:48 am

There are most definitely allergic reactions that are taking place, most of which seem to be anaphylactic shock. Not that I would ever trust California to do anything right, but Dr. Erica Pan (CA State Epidemiologist) warned medical providers to stop using specific batches of Moderna's vaccine as it was showing "higher than expected" numbers of adverse reactions.

So, what could possibly go wrong when you give the vaccine at a "drive-thru" site and send people back onto the interstate where they cease to be able to breathe. :eek:

The only upside is that in CA, most interstates flow at about 5 MPH top speed. :yes:

Maybe Moderna has stock in Pfizer which sells epipens. :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 am

Rat Creek wrote:There are most definitely allergic reactions that are taking place, most of which seem to be anaphylactic shock. Not that I would ever trust California to do anything right, but Dr. Erica Pan (CA State Epidemiologist) warned medical providers to stop using specific batches of Moderna's vaccine as it was showing "higher than expected" numbers of adverse reactions.

So, what could possibly go wrong when you give the vaccine at a "drive-thru" site and send people back onto the interstate where they cease to be able to breathe. :eek:

The only upside is that in CA, most interstates flow at about 5 MPH top speed. :yes:

Maybe Moderna has stock in Pfizer which sells epipens. :huh:

The last data I saw showed 21 anaphylactic reactions in nearly 2 million vaccinations administered. I like those odds. Heck anaphylaxis rates may be higher with aspirin and tylenol.

The drive through "vaccination stations" are a bit concerning. Folks should be monitored for 20 min post vaccine.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:09 am

RustyGunz1960 wrote:I love how the anti-vax folks believe that anything less than a 100% safety guarantee is proof of their theories, when that kind of guarantee is not possible with any other aspect of life, much less drug or medical procedure. Compare that risk factor to the number who have contracted or died from this disease and things start to become much clearer. But I tend not to argue the point too far. Interfering with Darwinism isn't good for our species :wink:

Some areas I like to hunt are getting overpopulated, perhaps the combination of natural selection and the antivax campaign will thin out the herd.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:43 am

RustyGunz1960 wrote:I love how the anti-vax folks believe that anything less than a 100% safety guarantee is proof of their theories, when that kind of guarantee is not possible with any other aspect of life, much less drug or medical procedure. Compare that risk factor to the number who have contracted or died from this disease and things start to become much clearer. But I tend not to argue the point too far. Interfering with Darwinism isn't good for our species :wink:

Maybe compare vaccine risk to the virus risk where healthy people have 99.99% survival rates. Now that is a conundrum. :huh:

If you are a high risk group, go for it. :hammer: For all others, the risk and reward are both microscopic. A 90% effective vaccine for a 99.99% survivable virus. :huh:

I am not anti-vax at all; quite the contrary, but it all feels pretty Orwellian. :eek:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Dep6 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:32 pm

If they had an idea how long the antibodies lasted, I would not have gotten the first shot of the vaccine. That was after a long hard discussion with my doctor. I have had it, survived it, not much to the symptoms that I had other than fever for a day and no energy for about a week. That being said, I don't know where all this is going, it almost seems like we are being manipulated by someone in the background. Amazing how the numbers, now that Biden has been elected, are falling off in places but still spiking in others. Am I a conspiracy nut, no, never have been but it does seem to be on the strange side for me. Yall be safe out there!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:44 pm

Dep6 wrote: I have had it, survived it, not much to the symptoms that I had other than fever for a day and no energy for about a week.

That's what you say every year about the illness you feel at the end of duck season. :hammer: :umm:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby jaysweet3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 pm

I was not going to get the vaccine. I figured the risks aren’t worth it. But then I thought about my 81 year old father whose been in quarantine for 11 months. He self quarantined last February due to cancer treatments. I’ve only seen him through windows. I’d like to spend some time with him before I can’t.

I got my first shot 12 days ago, I have the booster in two weeks. I’m happy I’ll get to see my folks again. We’ll still have to wear masks but I’ll at least be able to be in the same room. Hopefully take pop out fishing this summer.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
Moderator in Training

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:15 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:I was not going to get the vaccine. I figured the risks aren’t worth it. But then I thought about my 81 year old father whose been in quarantine for 11 months. He self quarantined last February due to cancer treatments. I’ve only seen him through windows. I’d like to spend some time with him before I can’t.

I got my first shot 12 days ago, I have the booster in two weeks. I’m happy I’ll get to see my folks again. We’ll still have to wear masks but I’ll at least be able to be in the same room. Hopefully take pop out fishing this summer.

You get it, Jay. It's not just about you. I'm not worried I'll get the disease and die, but I certainly don't want to contract it and potentially spread it to others if it can be avoided. Much like you, I'm worried about friends and family members in the high-risk category, so I'm doing what I can to protect them. I'm happy to hear you'll get to spend some time, in person, with your dad.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Boatman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:50 pm

I don't think it will prevent you from getting it, it will help you get through it.
I have looked at the past animal trials with an mrna based vaccine. Its not pretty. They stopped trying mrna vaccines for a reason. Then they are just all of a sudden safe?

I don't buy it

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:56 pm

Dep6 wrote:If they had an idea how long the antibodies lasted, I would not have gotten the first shot of the vaccine. That was after a long hard discussion with my doctor. I have had it, survived it, not much to the symptoms that I had other than fever for a day and no energy for about a week. That being said, I don't know where all this is going, it almost seems like we are being manipulated by someone in the background. Amazing how the numbers, now that Biden has been elected, are falling off in places but still spiking in others. Am I a conspiracy nut, no, never have been but it does seem to be on the strange side for me. Yall be safe out there!!

Agree 100% Dep :clapping:

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:37 pm

Take your emotions out of it and don't base your conclusions on opinion. Evaluate the actual scientific data, not information some unknown person has posted on a vaccine website or youtube video. Now here is the problem, and understand that I'm not trying to be critical of anyone here, but merely pointing out a fact. Unless folks have access to online scientific libraries and some training, knowledge, and experience with how to search for and identify credible, reliable sources and how to appraise the evidence, most people will believe anything they read.
There are systematic steps used to determine the strength of the evidence (i.e., study design / method; randomized controlled trials, quasi-experimental studies, or a non-experimental study? Sample size and setting. Major variables. Any bias noted? What instrument was used to measure validity and reliability? Data analysis, etc, etc, etc.).

This is not a government conspiracy. It's a worldwide pandemic that has already taken the lives of over 400,000 Americans. The vaccines have a 90-95% efficacy following the 2nd dose. Very few things in healthcare have a 100% safety rating. As with most things in life there are risks and benefits to be considered.
The vaccines can drastically slow the spread of the disease and by so doing, help protect the vulnerable and lighten the burden of the currently overwhelmed healthcare system. These statements are not my opinion, but rather based on scientific evidence.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:55 pm

Only issue with what you said is this.

Locked&Loaded wrote:This is not a government conspiracy. It's a worldwide pandemic that has already taken the lives of over 400,000 Americans.

Remember when the CDC slipped up and reported the truth that only about 6% of the number of reported deaths were from covid, and the other 94% died with covid but with serious comorbidities, including suicide and car wrecks. :rolleyes:

You cannot separate the fact that politicians and big gov are using this real virus for other nefarious purposes. :no: THAT is not conspiracy stuff. Never let a crisis go to waste. :no:

Personal liberty. :hammer: If you want to get the vaccine, get it. If not, don't.

No one getting the vaccine is at risk from those who choose not to get it. :fingerhead:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:15 pm

Rat Creek wrote:Only issue with what you said is this.

Locked&Loaded wrote:This is not a government conspiracy. It's a worldwide pandemic that has already taken the lives of over 400,000 Americans.

Remember when the CDC slipped up and reported the truth that only about 6% of the number of reported deaths were from covid, and the other 94% died with covid but with serious comorbidities, including suicide and car wrecks. :rolleyes:

You cannot separate the fact that politicians and big gov are using this real virus for other nefarious purposes. :no: THAT is not conspiracy stuff. Never let a crisis go to waste. :no:

Personal liberty. :hammer: If you want to get the vaccine, get it. If not, don't.

No one getting the vaccine is at risk from those who choose not to get it. :fingerhead:

I do remember that from the CDC and also when the CDC and WHO were at odds with one another over the data. No question that there are some that are absolutely cashing in on the the virus, many of which for political gain. Scum bags seeing an opportunity for gain in the worst of times.

The only thing to consider about your last statement is that even given the high efficacy rating of the vaccine, we'll still have 5-10% of the population who get vaccinated, but don't obtain the intended protection. Also, those with compromised immune systems will not develop antibodies the same way others do and will therefore be at risk by those who choose not to get vaccinated and become infected.

Speaking of people benefitting from the pandemic, you see how Amazon and Bezos' earnings changed since the virus? Crazy!
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Boatman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:21 pm

OK doc answer these 3 questions

1 Will the vaccine prevent you from getting the virus And prevent you from spreading it

2 Will the vaccine Remain affective as the virus evolves

3 How long will the vaccine protection last if it actually protects you.

The reason I ask because I've been looking and looking and looking and no one seems to be able to answer these questions so why would I take the vaccine.

And just a note to you people that are taking the vaccine I belong to a boating website that is gigantic and they are saying from personal experience In many cases that the 2nd shot will knock you on your butt Just a warning. No don't hold me to this but if I remember correctly they said more so with the Pfizer than the Maderna

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:49 pm

So here is just 1 story

Well we were short staffed At the hospital yesterday so I volunteered to work a 20hr shift. I had my second moderna shot about 7am yesterday. By 9pm had a fever sweating then chills at midnight was very achy. I ended up getting home at 4am and was woken up at 8:30 or so and I woke up with a fever and could hardly move. I fell back asleep and woke back up at 1pm and still couldn’t move so I forced myself to get up. I’ve took DayQuil and had some ramen along with drinking Gatorade and I’m feeling a little better but this shot kicked my ass!

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:31 am

So the vaccine is worse than covid? :umm:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Next

Return to The Honey Hole