2.69 here how high will it go

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Postby Boatman » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:54 pm

So Joe has killed jobs and the export money from oil and the tax money from those workers that he could have paid for his green energy with but he can't think passed his nose to think about that. He is run by idiots that don't care and just want to kill trump. I believe gas will be close to $4 a gallon by mid summer.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Re: 2.69 here how high will it go

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:47 am

I don't know how long it will take, but prior to the 2022 elections, I am guessing a national average of $3.50,,,,, if we are lucky. :sad:

And the people who will complain the most will be the D button useful idiots. :rolleyes:

But if AOC and the Squad are successful in their plan and can shove things forward quickly, it will not matter. We will all have new Tesla cars and trucks, and the electricity will magically flow from outlets in our garages. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby 5 stand » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:42 am

World markets dictate the gas price. Fortunately, this is one thing that American politics can't manipulate.
5 stand
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:41 pm

5 stand wrote:World markets dictate the gas price. Fortunately, this is one thing that American politics can't manipulate.

Generally true, but when you crippled the largest energy producer in the world, it does impact world markets. The US was the biggest player in the world market with 19% of the total oil production and 7% (and growing) of the world's natural gas production.

Once the left cripples those industries, the price must go up as supply will be down. :sad:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Dep6 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:30 am

I am apprehensive about the price as well, right now it is 2.28 here.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby teul2 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:34 pm

My wife in the petroleum industry is expecting $4+/gal gas soon.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt - Abraham Lincoln
teul2
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:14 pm

Up 6 cents in just a day or two
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby kahunna » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:19 pm

Looks like smilin' Chuckie (Shumer) is trying to have not-my-president declare a national climate emergency...that'll take care of prices at the pump for most of America. Economy will be in the crapper right quick! :eek:
kahunna
hunter

Postby Boatman » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:01 am

2.85 I have seen here

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:01 am

kahunna wrote:Looks like smilin' Chuckie (Shumer) is trying to have not-my-president declare a national climate emergency...that'll take care of prices at the pump for most of America. Economy will be in the crapper right quick! :eek:

They are selling hats now. MSGA. Make the Swamp Great Again. :no: :sad:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby California Sprig » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:24 pm

Northern California $3.19 is about as low as you’ll find it. Stations like Shell and Chevron around $3.50+. But I know we ain’t seen nothing yet. To save the planet uncle Joe will see that the price goes way up. What do you want to bet they raise the federal gas tax?
As the price of petroleum and energy goes up everything else increases in price. Everything.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Postby okduckdude » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:21 pm

I’m not optimistic. I’m even considering getting a “fuel efficient” vehicle to drive around just so I can afford to hunt next season. Only drive the truck to pull the boat.

I believe we will see $4+ per gallon by fall if we continue on the trend. But right now I’m paying $2.39 for 100% gas. Diesel is around the same.

Also, the electric car phenomenon is not feasible in the current markets. I seriously looked into the electrical truck. (Despite my love for oil). However, what concerns me is the amount of time it takes to recharge.

According to my research, you can charge an electric vehicle on a 110v, but in one hour you only gain enough charge to go 3 or so miles. A stage 2 would give you about 80% charge overnight. Those “quick” charges do charge faster (like 30 minutes/ 1 hour) but it damages the battery. So if any sweeping federal mandate/law came out requiring the use of an electrical vehicle(which it is not very likely to actually happen/be enforceable) it would be devastating on interstate commerce. In other words, my scouting/hunting would be really cut down......
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:09 am

I sat through a presentation of one of the people that models the future plans. The plan is essentially no gasoline available at any price. They want a carbon tax to make this happen. They generally talk about $50/ton of carbon. That's about $0.50 per gallon. But this is always a teaser rate. It gets them nowhere close to no gasoline. In their models, they always turn the ratchet up until you break. He had the lowest peak value I have seen at $400/ton or $4/gallon. The number I believe is more like $2000/ton or$20/gallon. Regardless, the plan is always to raise it until you give up. No boats, ATVs, jet skis, tractors, ...

Imagine trying to drive your truck through the field with a ton of batteries. No way I don't get stuck last week.

These are wealthy city people that work office jobs that don't care about what we or anyone else does.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 am

SpinnerMan wrote:Imagine trying to drive your truck through the field with a ton of batteries. No way I don't get stuck last week.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
One of my hunting partners had a Bad Boy electric SxS for a couple of years. Aside from needing a heavier duty trailer to haul it, that thing was always getting stuck because of the weight. And any of us who drive ATVs and SxSs know it is not easy to get one stuck. They are amazing in the slop.

Then it became manifest destiny. He had to upgrade the batteries to add the electric winch, both of which added more weight, so he got stuck even more. :lol3:

He traded it for a regular Polaris SxS and is very happy with the move. :beer:

The ONE thing I did like about it was it was cool to have a very quiet vehicle in the woods. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:06 pm

okduckdude wrote: However, what concerns me is the amount of time it takes to recharge.

So like owning a horse. When it needs to rested and fed, you need a lot of time. Or you get out of your e-car and into another like the e-pony express. :no:

For real, think about a charging station along an interstate. Today, there may be ten cars gassing up at one time as it takes just a few minutes to put 15 gallons in, which in my Honda truck will take me 400+ miles. That all changes when cars will need a half hour or more to pull enough electricity from the COAL POWERED PLANT down the road. :rolleyes:

You may need 20X the spots, so picture acres of space, all filled up with cars charging. Maybe we finally have a good use for all those old drive-in theaters. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Boatman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:40 pm

Screenshot_20210204-173613_Google.jpg
Would this bother you

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Boatman » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:11 pm

Up to $2.89 today
Attachments
20210205_130055.jpg

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Mike the Fox » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:18 pm

$2.11 in the greater Dallas area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Postby Boatman » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:31 pm

What the heck you doing Dallas Mike. You lucky dog another noreaster coming our way tonight

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Mike the Fox » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:23 am

Boatman wrote:What the heck you doing Dallas Mike. You lucky dog another noreaster coming our way tonight

Recon mission. Looking for a place to relocate. Flew into Dallas and we’re spending the week traveling around and looking. We’ll fly out of San Antonio next Sunday. And of course we’ve got a day of fishing lined up out of Texas city on Wednesday. It’s not very warm down here but it’s warmer than Maine so I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Postby Boatman » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:23 pm

We just went past $3.00 here for regular 87

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:11 pm

Rat Creek wrote:And for the record, on October 31, Mrs. Rat filled up for $1.49 per gallon in Climax Springs, MO.

Let's see what happens when we lose our oil independence. :sad:

Four months since Creepy Joe and the Ho stole the election and gas is up $1 buck. :sad: That is a 67% increase in FOUR MONTHS. :mad:

Make America Poor Again is in full swing. :no: :mad:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Mike the Fox » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:35 pm

2.66 for 87 octane and 2.86 for diesel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole