Switch to full site
Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.
Post a reply

Schell-Osage Down for the Count

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Stopped in at Schell-Osage and talked to the new area manager the other day. They have drained the entire area and are waiting til September to start the tree removal (Gotta wait for the bats to move out). Once that is complete they will be building new levies that follow more of the natural contour of the land. That will probably move some blinds around and change the old boats lane as well. They are possibly adding one or two blinds and the West end of the lake will be part of F pool. Fingers crossed for good weather so they can get in and get it done. It will definitely be closed for 2 years.

Re: Schell-Osage Down for the Count

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:47 pm

sucks they're closing it for a while I've had some good hunts and bad hunts there. All good memories though. At least it's being closed to improve it vs just letting it go and get worse. I know people in the area are pissed that they drained the lake and are closing it for a while, it sucks temporarily, but I'd say in the end we will have a much better area.

Re: Schell-Osage Down for the Count

Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:58 pm

Not much movement on the ol DHChat Missouri board. But none the less we drove thru Schell id say the middle of September. Not one sign of dirt moved, seemed to be dry, heck hasn't been any significant rain in WEEKS and seems NOTHING has been done!!!! Doesn't seem good for a 4 year plan to redo it all. Tax payers monies WELL spent HUH!!!! Good ol Missouri Duck Control at its finest!!!! :beer:
Post a reply