Thompson Falls?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Thompson Falls?

Postby Mean Gene » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Looking at spending some time in Thompson Falls next year during the summer. Any word on the fishing there?
Mean Gene
hunter

Re: Thompson Falls?

Postby Luke WL. » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:21 am

I haven't fished up that way but noxon res just west is pretty good. There are a lot of good smaller streams (as far as Montana standards go) around. What are you looking to fish for?
Luke WL.
hunter

Postby Mean Gene » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Luke WL. wrote:I haven't fished up that way but noxon res just west is pretty good. There are a lot of good smaller streams (as far as Montana standards go) around. What are you looking to fish for?

Most anything. Wife likes to fly fish from a float tube, or boat fish. Right now we've got reservations for our fifth wheel in Ennis for May and June.
Mean Gene
hunter

Postby Rev Ev » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:13 pm

Well, Ennis is quite a ways from T Falls. Honestly, I would see what the conditions are when you get here and then make a decision. There is plenty of water all over Western MT.
Rev Ev
hunter

Postby Mean Gene » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:39 pm

Rev Ev wrote:Well, Ennis is quite a ways from T Falls. Honestly, I would see what the conditions are when you get here and then make a decision. There is plenty of water all over Western MT.

I understand the distance, we just changed the area we're going to stay to start with. After June? I have no idea. I did talk to someone at length and the Thompson Falls area wasn't going to be a great fit. No problem. We'll poke around and decide what to do. Who knows, maybe we just extend our stay in Ennis, maybe we move, maybe we'll be building our house in South Dakota. All I do know is we'll finally be out of the communist state we've lived in for the last umpteen years. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Mean Gene
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting