It gets tougher every year...

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

It gets tougher every year...

Postby Leakydecoy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:52 pm

...to not encounter some sort of violation when scouting or hunting. Swung by by the Lake Helena WMA this afternoon to check out any new arrivals and found a breasted-out pintail, gadwall and bufflehead someone had chucked in the ditch about 30 feet from the boat launch. While you could argue that the buffie doesn’t have the same legal meat salvage requirement as the other two, it’s difficult to argue that it’s wise (or legal) to trash a public launch. Oh, and someone thought this was the best place to get rid of old tires.

“Under Montana regulations it is unlawful to waste any part of a game bird suitable for food, which includes the breasts of birds the size of a teal duck or smaller and the breasts and thighs of all birds larger than a teal duck. This is more restrictive than federal regulations.”
Leakydecoy
hunter

Re: It gets tougher every year...

Postby huntfishnv » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:48 pm

I'm sure it's people who honestly don't know better. Who knows why they would want to dispose of trash there though.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby Leakydecoy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:47 pm

huntfishnv wrote:I'm sure it's people who honestly don't know better.

If you mean people who’ve not read the regulations, they shouldn’t be hunting.
Leakydecoy
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:02 am

Leakydecoy wrote:
huntfishnv wrote:I'm sure it's people who honestly don't know better.

If you mean people who’ve not read the regulations, they shouldn’t be hunting.

HA! who reads the regulations?????
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting