Miles city area

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Miles city area

Postby BearRiverBanded » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Hello from utah. In a few weeks I am possibly interviewing for a job in miles city. I have been out that way in MT once or twice but it has been 10 years or so.

What's the area like? Hunting for deer elk antelope as well as any turkey upland or waterfowl?

Any information is greatly appreciated
BearRiverBanded
hunter

Re: Miles city area

Postby phutch30 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:10 pm

Good deer and antelope, lots and lots of geese, so so duck, decent turkey ,gotta travel for elk
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Bozo_Drake » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:46 pm

It’s a cool little ranching town. E Montana is an acquired taste to be sure. I love hunting out that way and wouldn’t mind living there but my wife would probably divorce me. Too slow for her. We live in Bozeman. Great upland, especially sharpies. Great deer and antelope. Close to really good turkey hunting. I’m still pretty new to waterfowl hunting so I can’t really speak to that too much. I will say I drive through there a lot and late in the year from Hysham to Glendive is freaking covered with geese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bozo_Drake
hunter

Postby Mean Gene » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Bozo_Drake wrote:It’s a cool little ranching town. E Montana is an acquired taste to be sure. I love hunting out that way and wouldn’t mind living there but my wife would probably divorce me. Too slow for her. We live in Bozeman. Great upland, especially sharpies. Great deer and antelope. Close to really good turkey hunting. I’m still pretty new to waterfowl hunting so I can’t really speak to that too much. I will say I drive through there a lot and late in the year from Hysham to Glendive is freaking covered with geese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man, we're building a house right now in Ennis and will be back there the first part of April. After that we're full timers. Looking to meet folks so if you're eatin' I'm buyin'.

Gene
Mean Gene
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting