Duck Hunting Forum banner

2018 youth days?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  syoung_1854 
#1 ·
I've got 2 aspiring 14 year olds that want to get out for one (or two) more days. My schedule in February is probably the biggest wild card, but figured I'd also ask for some professional advice from the duckmen out there (now that most you are too old to be in competition with my kids).

South zone - I've hunted areas around mad horse and over in the lower Maurice river and tributaries. I've had mixed luck in both depending on the season, but anybody have recommendation for an early February hunt based on later bird patterns - never been out that late. Just flip a coin?

Coastal zone - same general question, although I can't imagine the bay is any different from one end to the other, I usually go between OC and Sea Isle. As one earlier thread indicated, ice could be consideration but looks like warming trend now for a while. Would like to get them onto something other than buffle heads (they can't seem to hit those little guys too well!)

Any pointers, the kids and the dog would appreciate it, thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.