Suggs Mill Pond

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Suggs Mill Pond

Postby bagboy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:02 am

I have a permit hunt in Dec at Suggs Mill Pond and would like any advice from anyone that has hunted there recently. Planning on scouting in the next few weeks but any help is welcome, Thanks
bagboy
Newb

Re: Suggs Mill Pond

Postby jcdenton » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:08 am

PM me, I've got a lot of info.
jcdenton
hunter

Postby JBCSR » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 am

jcdenton wrote:PM me, I've got a lot of info.

I have tried to message you, but I am new to the site. I have a couple of hunts on the ponds impoundments and would love any info you are willing to part with. I am mainly concerned with depth, and typical species that can be seen. Our hunts are this month not long after the season opens back up. Thanks in advance.
JBCSR
Newb

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:19 pm

Ditches are my main concern in the impoundments at Suggs, they are very deep. Most have been marked but carry a stick just to play it safe. Suggs is mainly a wood duck shoot but you may bag some other species. If by chance you have drawn # 4 its by far the poorest of the impoundments there. Don't waste your time in #4 if you live more than an hour away.
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby JBCSR » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:19 am

Dingbatter wrote:Ditches are my main concern in the impoundments at Suggs, they are very deep. Most have been marked but carry a stick just to play it safe. Suggs is mainly a wood duck shoot but you may bag some other species. If by chance you have drawn # 4 its by far the poorest of the impoundments there. Don't waste your time in #4 if you live more than an hour away.

#4 was a waste of time. There were some birds flying but #4 was last shot so they we high and fast. Looked like there could have been good hunts there when it was first flooded, but no food and small water.
JBCSR
Newb

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:14 pm

I've never heard of anyone doing much good in #4, ever!
Dingbatter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting