Duck Pics...and hunting report

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Duck Pics...and hunting report

Postby Paul26 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 am

A couple of pics of the birds gathering. As is typical for this time of the year, all are buffies and mergs so far.

Nothing to speak of in my parts hunting so far. I have seen some pics of some sea ducks taken by a guide from Morehead. There is some kid (or an adult acting like a kid) in Salter Path talking on the DU Migration map about shooting limits, canvasbacks, etc., I have it on solid authority that he's a few french fries short of a Happy Meal and is full of baloney.

My first diver hunt will be Thanksgiving morning. They have some rain/snow/wind forecast for this weekend in Lake Erie. My hope is that the weather up there and the full moon will bring them in. Unfortunately the Chesapeake still looks warm and easy, but maybe the birds will keep heading our way.
Attachments
ducks2.jpg
16 Nov 2016
ducks1.jpg
16 Nov 2016
Paul26
hunter

Re: Duck Pics...and hunting report

Postby Dingbatter » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:44 pm

I love reading those migration reports just for the laughs.
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:10 pm

The only entries I give any credence to are the Biologists reports
Paul26
hunter

Postby tarheel yankee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Nice pics Paul. I just finished up my week of duck hunting in NY up in the St Lawrence River/ Lake Ontario area. Headed back to NC at 5 am. Not as many ducks up here as usual due to the warm weather. Plenty of Canadian geese so I am coming back with lots of goose breasts for my BBQ crock pot goose. I don't like getting on here alot and I also lost all my contacts because my phone reset to factory settings last month. Maybe we can get together for a hunt this winter.
Chris
U.S. Army, Infantry,.........RETIRED!!!
tarheel yankee
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Need to. Will pm you
Paul26
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting