SKEET PICS

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

SKEET PICS

Postby Paul26 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:53 pm

If my wife dies before me I am going to spend my last days here. It's simply magical. Shot more the last 2 days that I have the rest of the season combined. Mounting my first-ever drake Northern Pintail.

Pics below from this AM on the Refuge.
Attachments
many birds-c.JPG
Well, I can't exactly say we had this in front of our blind both mornings. But compared to my coastal hunting this year it seemed that way.
pintail in the air2-c.JPG
The pintail this year were decoying like never in previous years. We took more than a few in 2 days. I will be mounting a beautiful drake with the longest sprig you've ever seen
refuge hqs-c.JPG
No need to explain. A Landmark
no decoys-c.JPG
When I saw this on the computer screen my first thought was "I have taken pics of decoys". Nope---all real
swans in air-c.JPG
I did not have a permit for these guys this year. But saw several groups glide into the decoys.
Paul26
hunter

Re: SKEET PICS

Postby Dingbatter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Nice pics, hope you're hunt was better than mine a few weeks ago. It was really slow. I took pics of the pump house too, stayed in a cabin just across the road off the refuge property.
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby jcz » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:49 pm

The refuge is a wonderful place to visit. I've hunted skeet many times and none of them have been great hunts but the potential is always there to have a magical day. I usually go there and try for a stand by draw atleast once per season. Didn't make it this year.
Had a couple groups of pintail decoy to our spread yesterday. I've never had them work us like that on public land before. Sure was nice.
Congrats on getting the wall hanger. :thumbsup:
jcz
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Paul26 wrote:If my wife dies before me I am going to spend my last days here. It's simply magical. Shot more the last 2 days that I have the rest of the season combined. Mounting my first-ever drake Northern Pintail.

Pics below from this AM on the Refuge.

Paul, I absolutely agree with you. it is a magical place. Usually go about two to three days a week to hunt or fish, I did spend the last two weeks hunting almost every day, we had the pintails and I killed at least one every day I hunted. If I knew how to post pictures I would.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting