Why the different costs for Out of State Licensing?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Why the different costs for Out of State Licensing?

Postby IdahoSkies » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31 am

My brother currently lives in NC and is a sometimes hunter and I have been thinking about coming out for a change of pace. (I live out west). When looking at the out of state licensing costs for North Carolina I saw that the cost differs depending on what state you live in. It shouldn't effect me, but I was wondering, does anyone know why? It seems that all of North Carolina's neighbors are charted more. Anyone know why? (Or is it the obvious answer of a) We don't want them and b) if they are going to come we are going to make them really pay for it).
IdahoSkies
hunter

Re: Why the different costs for Out of State Licensing?

Postby skydog » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:14 pm

I think you answered your own question :biggrin:

You live in Idaho and you want to come to the Atlantic flyway to duck hunt????? Can I convince you to rethink that??
Give a man a duck and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to duck hunt and he'll go broke and starve.
skydog
hunter

Postby merg » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 pm

I think NC charges bordering states what those states charge NC hunters.
merg
hunter

Postby high flyer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:32 pm

merg wrote:I think NC charges bordering states what those states charge NC hunters.

This ^. I ended up buying a lifetime license about 5 years ago and it's pretty close to having paid for itself.
high flyer
hunter

Postby IdahoSkies » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:56 pm

That makes sense. We have a something similar with our concealed carry reciprocity.

And yea, I've considered it, but I would probably come out for a turkey hunt. We have some of them out my way, but the numbers are pretty low.

Thanks.
IdahoSkies
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting