guide suggestion

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

guide suggestion

Postby lbhansford » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:28 am

Hey guys. I am an able and willing waterfowler up in VA. my dad has gotten up in his years so having him hike a mile through the woods to beaver swamps isnt as much fun for him as it is me. Id love to take him on a QUALITY duck hunt in NC on the sound or possibly around mattamuskeet. Something he's always talked about. Any friendly advice on who or who would not fit the bill would be helpful. thanks in advance.
lbhansford
hunter

Re: guide suggestion

Postby EastBound&Down » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:15 am

I would not recommend to pay to hunt ducks in NC. Too inconsistent
Head west if you want to kill ducks
I kill more ducks in one week on public water than you and your "Crews" or "Teams" would even think of killing all season. I work hard, scout and abide by the law...but still kill the crap out of ducks.
Drop Zone » Fri Oct 31, 2014
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:26 pm

I would think that all quality guides in NC are completely booked for 2017. there are several losers out here that will take your money but Quality guides they are not.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby Capt. Cane » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:57 am

Try Guien at Green Creek Outfitters has a great camp and some good hunts on the Pamlico
Capt. Cane
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Capt. Cane wrote:Try Guien at Green Creek Outfitters has a great camp and some good hunts on the Pamlico
That's the guide that posted a video of cormorants and said they were divers.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:46 pm

ncbufflehead wrote:
Capt. Cane wrote:Try Guien at Green Creek Outfitters has a great camp and some good hunts on the Pamlico

Yeah I was less than impressed to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:
ncbufflehead wrote:

We have a whole pile of idiots up here taking people to shoot bufflehead under the pretense that they're going to a good blind but that's the only person I've seen do anything like that and then instead of owning up to it and taking the videos down, he blocked the people calling him on it and delete their comments.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:47 am

ncbufflehead wrote:
Bluesky2012 wrote:
ncbufflehead wrote:

We have a whole pile of idiots up here taking people to shoot bufflehead under the pretense that they're going to a good blind but that's the only person I've seen do anything like that and then instead of owning up to it and taking the videos down, he blocked the people calling him on it and delete their comments.

Yup I remember that. So I went through them because I just wanted to do a traditional scissor rig hunt. Didn't care too much about the birds because I knew it had already been a rough season last year.

Got to the ramp about 2 hrs before LST. Guien had apparently "overbooked" so he got some friend of his to take us out. His friend sat around at the ramp socializing and drinking coffee for an insane amount of time so we actually got to the spot after LST and still had to set up.

Once we got there, the guy was on his phone texting immediately so as an experienced hunter I decided to call a wad of GWT and brought them into the decoys and we dropped 4/5. The guide then turned to me and said "guess you don't need me anymore" so he went to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:48 am

This made me curious so I checked out their website. Very snazzy: if you did not know what you have pointed out you would think thee guys are the best on the coast.

Prices are below, which are accompanied by this: "Gratuity is not included in price and is normally 10% to 20% of the trip"

$250 per person…………(meet at the dock morning of hunt )
$350 per person…………(includes hunt, accommodations, and breakfast served before hunt)… (Available only for groups of 3 or more)
$50 per gun deposit is required for reservation.

Wow-----I would be beyond angry if I put up that kind of money and experienced what Bluesky did.
Paul26
hunter

Postby ncdrumchaser » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:22 pm

but he's a guide.................. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :beer:
becuase you leave at 2 am to hunt ducks... makes me glad we have blind laws!
ncdrumchaser
hunter

Postby sprighunter27889 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Pm sent
sprighunter27889
hunter

Postby hlw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 am

North State Guide Service. Jennings Rose is the Captain.... you will have a good time, guaranteed.
hlw
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:44 pm

... and if you don’t kill ducks it’s because either there are few birds around OR you can’t shoot worth a chit ...
Locked and Loaded Super "Gauge" SH
Shurshot
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting