Todd, North Carolina Ducks

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Todd, North Carolina Ducks

Postby MaverickDiesel42 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:44 pm

To any fellow duck hunters in North Carolina,

I know this is a bit of a long shot, and even sometimes considered 'sacrilegious' or 'taboo' by many hunters when it comes to hunting spots and talking about where to go. Now before any of you boo-hoo this, or tell me to take a hike hear me out for a moment. I am a waterfowl hunter through-and-through, no doubt. I reside in Wisconsin, and that is where the my hunting takes place. Our season closes within the first few days of December. However, due to my wife's side of the family being spread out across the southeast, we have decided to converge on Todd, NC as a meeting place for the Christmas holiday and be together at a cabin rental. Over the past few years my wife has got into waterfowl hunting with me, and expressed interest if there was an opportunity to make it out for a morning in NC while we were there during our 4 day stint.(especially since she never does well with the cold weather up here) I am not looking to tell the county about your family's honey hole, nor am I looking to bring 20 guys to a public spot with 400 decoys and mud motors. I am just wondering if anyone can clue me in on some public land, creek/river access, or any other place close to Todd, NC where why wife and I could walk into a spot and enjoy some new scenery and fresh air for a morning. So I am welcoming anyone that may have just a tid-bit of info for an area we could sit in. With that being said, between the holiday cheer, loads of food, and plenty of cocktails there is a good chance I may not even be fit to make it out much. :beer: Happy and Safe Hunting the rest of the year!
Respectfully,
Jared B
[email protected]
Go ahead, fly away with your heart shot out...
MaverickDiesel42
hunter

Re: Todd, North Carolina Ducks

Postby DOT3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:15 pm

I don't have any Intel on that part of the state other than you're in the mountains. However I can recommend that you take the 25 or 30 mile drive to blowing rock and have a burger or wings at the Town Tavern. Tell Justin that Tony from back home sent you.
DOT3
hunter

Postby CatFan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:36 pm

I’m not local to that area but I have serious doubts you’ll find any ducks in that part of the state.
CatFan
hunter

Postby MaverickDiesel42 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:41 pm

All helpful so far, I appreciate it, and that is kind of what I expected in regards to duck habitat in a mountains. At least is sounds like we got a hot spot for wings!! :beer: :beer:
DOT3 wrote:I don't have any Intel on that part of the state other than you're in the mountains. However I can recommend that you take the 25 or 30 mile drive to blowing rock and have a burger or wings at the Town Tavern. Tell Justin that Tony from back home sent you.
Go ahead, fly away with your heart shot out...
MaverickDiesel42
hunter

Postby WingsCupped » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Why do I have a feeling that a lot of people just Googled: "Where is Todd, NC?" :beer:
WingsCupped
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting