Duck Hunting Club ??????

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Duck Hunting Club ??????

Postby nclooking » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Guys I am a lifelong resident of NC. In the late 90s I was a serious duck hunter. Had a AKC Master Hunter trained by Allen Pleasant. I have hunted Pamlico Point and Campbells Creek many times. My daughter was born and life changed my dog died when she about 8 yo.
She is now a young adult in her second year of college and life has changed again. I have a new 2 yo dog who is being trained in Texas by Jack Morris . He has two master passes and we hope he will go to the AKC Master National this year just as my other dog did years ago.
I am looking for advice on a good hunting club. Some place that really manages the property for hunting. I know it will not be easy to find or cheap. All of hunting friends from years ago have moved away or stoped hunting so I am going in solo. I am 60 yo now and my days of wading through PP waist deep mud are long over. Challenging myself as a handler and the dog are part of this. I am not into hunting divers in a pole blind 12 feet above the water. Any and all advice welcome.
nclooking
Newb

Re: Duck Hunting Club ??????

Postby echoduck » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:22 pm

There are plenty of available properties and clubs after the last season in Hyde county. Most people have seen the writing on the wall and are getting out before it’s too late. Should be easy to find one, the real question will be is it worth it.
echoduck
hunter

Re: Duck Hunting Club ??????

Postby KAhunter » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:46 am

Piney Island gun club on churches island in currituck had a spot open. Heard another member may be getting out in the not to distant future as well. Its first class but that area isnt always the best hunting.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting