Broad Creek, Pamlico County

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Broad Creek, Pamlico County

Postby Bill6806 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:50 am

Hello all! I’m new to this forum but far from new to waterfowl hunting. I’m trying to make heads or tails of the Pamlico County blind rules. My in laws have bought property on broad creek and it’s a great location to hunt. My question is regarding ground blinds....I can’t find any regs about ground blinds. Can my wife and I throw down our ground goose blinds and hunt?
Bill6806
Newb

Re: Broad Creek, Pamlico County

Postby Shurshot » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Ground blinds are perfectly legal. You’ll need a permission slip from your in laws to hunt on their land and take advantage of the blind law.
Locked and Loaded Super "Gauge" SH
Shurshot
hunter

Postby Clark » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:59 pm

But I think you have to stay 500 yards away from other blinds?
Clark
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:50 am

No they won’t as long as they are hunting on property they have written permission for. In fact, they could hunt right up to the property line even if the adjacent land owner had a blind 5 yards away. So much for the “safety” aspect of the law ...
Locked and Loaded Super "Gauge" SH
Shurshot
hunter

Postby echoduck » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:09 am

The safety is only for folks whom don’t own property in Pamlico county. You were told correctly as long as you are on private property you can hunt anywhere on said property regardless of other blinds. I would make sure to scout the spot really well from a boat, most of the creeks in Pamlico county are baited.
echoduck
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting