J Morgan Futch early season.

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

J Morgan Futch early season.

Postby Mpierce11 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:31 pm

Landed an early season hunt on Oct 6 area 3. Haven’t hunted here before and looking for any info. It’s about a 3+30 drive so can’t scout due to work. Wasn’t sure if the hurricane trashed the area. Planning on heading down late Friday and camping. Anyone else going?

New to duck hunting so open to someone joining to show the ropes there.
Mike
Mpierce11
Newb

Re: J Morgan Futch early season.

Postby ncbufflehead » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:33 pm

Mpierce11 wrote:
New to duck hunting so open to someone joining to show the ropes there.
No one can join you unless they applied for the permit on your party number.

Not sure where you're planning on camping but Futch doesn't have a camping area.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:50 pm

There aren't enough ducks in all of NC right now for me to put up with all the mosquitoes. They will swam you in a second and eat you alive. They are so bad that all the local stores have sold out of insect spray. Stay home!
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby Mpierce11 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Was going to hit obx to camp or just ride it out in the car. Figured a 30 min drive at 4 is better than 3 hours . Interesting on the not bringing another person. I was under the impression the draw counted for the limit of 3people. Just re-read it and you are right.HUNTERS CANNOT ADD OTHER HUNTERS TO THEIR PARTY AFTER THE APPLICATION DEADLINE OR AFTER THE DRAWING IS COMPLETE. That is a bummer. Need to go back and try to fixed my late season stuff now.

Thanks for the heads up on the mosquitos I got slammed by them this morning when I went out in Moore county. I will be bringing extra spray.
Mpierce11
Newb

Postby echoduck » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Get a hotel room in Plymouth. Not the best area to be sleeping in a truck. Won’t be worth the trip, basically just flooding barren fields now anyway. Used to be a decent spot, no more.
echoduck
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting