NC Swan Question

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

NC Swan Question

Postby Ihunt2 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:18 am

My friends and I drew swan permits this year. We were planning on heading down to hunt them the 3rd week in December. Is that I good time? I have heard January is the best time but December works out better for our schedules. I also see there’s a bunch of guides. Can anyone recommend one from personal experience for swans?
Ihunt2
hunter

Re: NC Swan Question

Postby EastBound&Down » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:26 am

Swans start to arrive the first couple of weeks of November.
You should be good on your December hunt date
Like you said there are a ton of guides out there and most are 100% success rate, but you also pay for what you get as far as service goes.
Conmans guide service around phelps lake runs a very reputable business and has one of the best central locations for pure numbers of swans.
I kill more ducks in one week on public water than you and your "Crews" or "Teams" would even think of killing all season. I work hard, scout and abide by the law...but still kill the crap out of ducks.
Drop Zone » Fri Oct 31, 2014
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby echoduck » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:41 pm

They start showing up around thanksgiving. You shooting over water or taking the easy way out and ditch shooting?
echoduck
hunter

Postby Ihunt2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:42 pm

I booked with conmans guide service after talking to him a few times. Answered all my questions and accommodated my groups schedule. I am looking forward to this new experience. My concern was that the middle of December was too early but it seems like I should be fine.
Ihunt2
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting