DUCKS AND GULLS

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

DUCKS AND GULLS

Postby Paul26 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:10 pm

So last Sunday I was at one of my standard scouting spots and saw the normal mid-November raft of gulls sitting out in the middle. As I was spying these flying rats through my Steiner's these guys/gals literally flew through my sight picture. Just buffys, but it was cool nonetheless.

Moments after I took this pic the ducks landed smack in the middle of the gulls. Have never seen that before.
Attachments
ducks with gulls-C.jpg
Paul26
hunter

Re: DUCKS AND GULLS

Postby ncdrumchaser » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:10 pm

BAIT! First two things to find a pile of feed are gulls and bufflehead heads! Old timers tell me it takes less than an hour! I once asked a game warden “how am I supposed to know if a place is baited?” He told me simply look for a lot of seagulls!
becuase you leave at 2 am to hunt ducks... makes me glad we have blind laws!
ncdrumchaser
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Well, perhaps. But if this was the case the baiters deployed the corn with an Amtrak in about 20 feet of water.
Paul26
hunter

Postby Galactic Ricky » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:51 pm

I was hunting with my Dad a few years back and there were just a ton of gulls around. He said "you know, there ought to be a law that you have to shoot at least 3 of these ***tards every time you go out duck hunting." I mean, a ticket and everything if a hunter doesn't come back with 3 gulls". hahahaha
Galactic Ricky
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting