Long Line Main line

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Long Line Main line

Postby HydeMarsh » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Gentlemen,

I am adding a few strings this year and need some heavy duty tarred main lines. All I can find on line is the #36 tarred lines, great for decoy lines but not main lines. Any suggestion about where to get these, I am trying to avoid the pricey Doctari pre made stuff. Thanks for any suggestions.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Re: Long Line Main line

Postby EastBound&Down » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:24 am

I've been using the Rig'em Right 1/4" mainline rope 150' spool with good success
Tie decoys in using drops directly in the mainline or use long line clips work well
I kill more ducks in one week on public water than you and your "Crews" or "Teams" would even think of killing all season. I work hard, scout and abide by the law...but still kill the crap out of ducks.
Drop Zone ยป Fri Oct 31, 2014
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Memphis Net and Twine is where I usually get mine. Unless I need it now and then I got to Ace Marine in Beaufort.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Keller Fishing Supply in Manteo. They have Osprey that is treated with green dip instead of tar. You want #5 or #6.

https://kellerfishingsupply.com/product ... ecoy-line/

For longline snaps, Sea and Sound Tackle in Wanchese is hard to beat. They have the Osprey tire cord that is tarred if you don't like the dipped stuff Keller's sells. Same rope, different coating.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:56 am

ACE Marine in Beaufort. Call ahead and ask for Larry. He will know precisely what they have on the shelf
Paul26
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks for all the great replies. good luck to all of you next weekend. Hope you get em. Eastbound, had some good sound hunts on cold windy days in the Nov split, you know where. even got some cans.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks Joe, hope to see you there!
Locked and Loaded Super "Gauge" SH
Shurshot
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting