Page 1 of 1

Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:29 pm
by TheGrizz18-60
Hey guys I am not new to this site but aparently my old username is invalid now but anyway. I live in Clayton NC and I have a 7 month old lab that i'm training and I am having issues finding a place to buy pigeons. Anyone have any suggestions?? I know you can catch them yourself but i'd prefer to buy if I have the option. Thanks in advance everyone.

Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 pm
by Bluesky2012
go sit on a park bench in the city, throw bird seed between your legs, sit back, and wait. You can grab birds easily that way. I used to be able to get 10 in like 15 mins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:37 am
by TheGrizz18-60
I'm pretty sure I might get arrested for animal cruelty if I do that but thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don't have the time or knowledge to go catch them myself. Was hoping I could find a place to buy some but not the fancy high dollar ones. I dont think I am going to need them. I thought my 7 month old chocolate didn't have enough drive but she has started to come around.

Re: Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:15 pm
by HNTFSH
TheGrizz18-60 wrote:I'm pretty sure I might get arrested for animal cruelty if I do that but thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don't have the time or knowledge to go catch them myself. Was hoping I could find a place to buy some but not the fancy high dollar ones. I dont think I am going to need them. I thought my 7 month old chocolate didn't have enough drive but she has started to come around.


You only need to to start with 1 to start. If your dog doesn't get confident with a live bird, you're screwing yourself. It's not a drive thing, it's a confidence thing.

Re: Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:31 pm
by Bluesky2012
TheGrizz18-60 wrote:I'm pretty sure I might get arrested for animal cruelty if I do that but thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don't have the time or knowledge to go catch them myself. Was hoping I could find a place to buy some but not the fancy high dollar ones. I dont think I am going to need them. I thought my 7 month old chocolate didn't have enough drive but she has started to come around.


I guarantee you will not. I asked a police officer in Washington DC if I could before I ever started doing that and was told there is no reason I couldn’t. I have since had dozens of police walk by and no one has ever cared.

How is grabbing a pigeon cruel, but shooting one is fine, gigging a frog is common, or trapping a Fox by the foot is not? Using a hand to pick one up is no different than using a net because guess what, you still have to handle the bird at some point. Use your brain man.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 am
by TheGrizz18-60
We don't shoot or gig frogs in downtown either bud. I'm glad that the forum is still the same as it was when I left it :thumbsup:

Re: Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:20 pm
by Bluesky2012
TheGrizz18-60 wrote:We don't shoot or gig frogs in downtown either bud. I'm glad that the forum is still the same as it was when I left it :thumbsup:


TheGrizz18-60 wrote:We don't shoot or gig frogs in downtown either bud. I'm glad that the forum is still the same as it was when I left it :thumbsup:


I’m sure Clayton NC is far more regulated and would look far further down on grabbing a pigeon than Washington DC or Baltimore where I have done it..... It’s North Carolina.....

If you don’t want to go catch a pigeon, don’t, but don’t then go on to complain that no one sells cheap sky rats.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:12 pm
by ibedamn
You might try some of your local trainers. That is where I got mine several years back.

Re: Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:29 pm
by NCGWP
Bluesky2012 wrote:go sit on a park bench in the city, throw bird seed between your legs, sit back, and wait. You can grab birds easily that way. I used to be able to get 10 in like 15 mins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There aren't nearly as many of them around, at least not where I've been keeping an eye out. Not on the levels of seeing them like one does in Chicago, DC, New York...

Re: Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:25 pm
by Galactic Ricky
This thread is ****ing hilarious. :lol3:

Re: Pigeons Needed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:16 pm
by HNTFSH
Hell, I'm seeing them peck around the beach here in Destin Florida with the seagulls.