Taking back NC public trust water

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Taking back NC public trust water

Postby Steelshot Scott » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:34 pm

or decades, 90% of the best hunting in the state of NC has been tied up by a few hunting clubs and a few rich, politically connected individuals. Highly restrictive "hunter safety laws" have allowed the rich and powerful to deny hunters in NC access to the public water that their taxpayer dollars pay for. We are challenging the Safe Hunter Laws in Pamlico and Carteret Counties as well as the blind licensing laws in Dare and Currituck.

Go to http://www.ncpublictrust.org and join the fight. Our go fund me page is http://www.gofundme.com/save-public-wat ... and-rights .

These laws are a cancer. They are starting to spread. If we don't stand together to fight this, there will be no one to blame but you when there is no place left for you to hunt.
Steelshot Scott
hunter

Re: Taking back NC public trust water

Postby Dog Tired » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:11 pm

this is some david and goliath stuff man! right on! blind laws are treason.
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby MakeApile » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:19 am

I think this is a very good thing that you have started and your goals are much needed. However I think the word is not getting out enough about the SAVs and what these safe hunter/blind Laws actually are. If DU and Delta will not do anything about it, I think its time to take our money elsewhere and start a new organization whos leadership is concerned about the working class duck hunter and fighting to keep our public trust waters and its habitat. DU and Deltas leadership is only concerned about the habitat up north and numbers up there, so they can have them come fly down into their private corn impoundments. If they do create more habitat for ducks they make it a refuge nobody is able to hunt.

If people start sending their money elsewhere maybe then you will see DU and Delta start joining the fight on these major issues for the working class duck hunter. I dont know how many more years it will take for people to get tired of looking at empty skies and watching the guys kill over their limits in private impoundments before they realize its not just "another bad season" as the reason the ducks are not showing up.
MakeApile
hunter

Postby cbrtrvr » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:13 pm

You need to worry about losing Badin Lake. The hunting in currituck county is open to anyone to apply for a blind license or float blind license to properly hunt in this county. The thing 99% of you don't get is that you can't hunt this area in a kayak. without these blinds this area would be closed off to anyone. What marsh land that isn't owned privately is owned by the federal government.

The Safe hunter law is much needed. As I've seen several times on this site and other social media sites its the same bitch. "Why should I have to stay 300 or 500 yrds away from someone? These safety hunters laws are restricting my hunting area." Then in the very next post "I can't believe another group of hunters came in and set up 50yrds away from me or 100 yrds these guys needs to respect others." Well you can't have your cake and eat it too. Without these laws or another you sky busting duck commanders will ruin hunting and a hunting area.
Before anyone on here says you got a blind and aren't worried about the rest. No I don't have a blind and still find places to hunt.
cbrtrvr
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting