Morgan futch

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Morgan futch

Postby jeffrey.sm21 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:43 pm

Has anyone been to futch yet this year? I don’t need someone preaching to me about scouting, I live three hours away but always hunted it as a kid. Hunting blind 11, hunter there last year not much action——shot swan and a ringer. Hardly saw a single duck. I’m going to go as to not waste the spot just curious about water levels, food etc.

Thanks
jeffrey.sm21
hunter

Re: Morgan futch

Postby Shurshot » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:30 pm

Contact the depot that manages it, then talk to a field technician. Should get everything you want to know and then some. Il
Locked and Loaded Super "Gauge" SH
Shurshot
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:33 am

It's a disgrace how badly the NCWRC has run that place into the ground. Years ago limits were the norm and like you experienced last year, now hardly any ducks are using. Thanks to barely any crops being left in the fields, mismanagement of water levels, and to all the cry babies who got their government handout of the blinds.
I kill more ducks in one week on public water than you and your "Crews" or "Teams" would even think of killing all season. I work hard, scout and abide by the law...but still kill the crap out of ducks.
Drop Zone » Fri Oct 31, 2014
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby tealtime » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:56 pm

PM sent.
tealtime
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:17 pm

EastBound&Down wrote:It's a disgrace how badly the NCWRC has run that place into the ground. Years ago limits were the norm and like you experienced last year, now hardly any ducks are using. Thanks to barely any crops being left in the fields, mismanagement of water levels, and to all the cry babies who got their government handout of the blinds.

Everything that the state of North Carolina manages outdoor related is a disgrace
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:30 pm

DuckMauler wrote:
EastBound&Down wrote:It's a disgrace how badly the NCWRC has run that place into the ground. Years ago limits were the norm and like you experienced last year, now hardly any ducks are using. Thanks to barely any crops being left in the fields, mismanagement of water levels, and to all the cry babies who got their government handout of the blinds.

Everything that the state of North Carolina manages outdoor related is a disgrace

Pretty much spot on
Sad but true
I kill more ducks in one week on public water than you and your "Crews" or "Teams" would even think of killing all season. I work hard, scout and abide by the law...but still kill the crap out of ducks.
Drop Zone » Fri Oct 31, 2014
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby echoduck » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Hunted there in November. Saw less than 25 ducks at first light. No swans. Left around 8am. I live about 40 minutes away if I were any further I wouldn’t bother going. The impoundments are trash this year, looks like they no longer care.
echoduck
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:37 am

Yeah that place has really gone down hill. We cant all blame the state. I went to the meeting when they were discussing blinds and everyone there firmly stated its more about just having somewhere to go vs quality of the hunt. I was the only person who said I want the duck hunting to be better, and they all looked at me like I was crazy.
Sure it was a little bit of the wild west when it first opened and you had to get there early and get to your spot quick and set up blockers to keep people off of you, and you occassionally got screwed, but it was normally good hunting and was fun and rewarding. Now everyone has their safe spaces (blinds) and they can come in 5 minutes before hunting without scouting and most people are happy to just have a place to sit their butt.
First year I havent signed up at all since it opened and prob wont ever again.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting