Texas Plantation

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Texas Plantation

Postby Jeffreysm21 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:05 am

Good afternoon,

I got drawn for Mattamuskeet 12/22 and Texas Plantation 11/7 this year. I didn’t know if anyone knew anything about Texas Plantation? Any info would be great!

Thanks
Jeffreysm21
hunter

Re: Texas Plantation

Postby grizz18 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:17 am

Also drawn for Texas Plantation on 11/7. I wouldn't expect any info to be given over the public board... you might get lucky and have someone PM you.

We're in a bind this year, coming back from North Dakota the week before leaves us little to no scout time but worst case we'll "wing it".
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby Dingbatter » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:26 pm

I've seen this more this season so far than any season past. Seems folks just burn $100.00 and apply for every permit hunt in the state whether they know anything about it or not. I have started applying for only hunts within 1 hr of my home and no impoundment hunts what so ever. Permit hunts are not that great anymore and just not worth the expense and effort.
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby Jeffreysm21 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:03 pm

Yeah I burned all of 24$ and got 2/3 hunts I applied for so not too much of an expense. I have never gotten drawn for Texas Plantation, so how am I to know what the hunt is like? Ive gotten permit hunts in VA and NC and they are all different and each place I’ve been I could give someone a very useful bit of advice that would help them if they had never been...........................I live 1 1/2 hours away. I don’t need a scouting report as I know what birds are in the area.
Jeffreysm21
hunter

Postby lunkerrama » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:29 am

I was drawn a few years ago, saw one wood duck within shooting distance. Nice looking blind and hunt area. Have not applied since. I see more ducks on any creek around town..
lunkerrama
hunter

Postby Clark » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:48 pm

Spent $300, but that includes me, son and DIL, her license, swan, etc., all for places I've hunted or at least scouted. Got 1 good hunt and TP on Jan 9, so we will see how that works. BTW don't pull a boat when you go to TP - not enough room to turn around, had to dismount trailer and turn it by hand!
Clark
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting