Veterans Day

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Veterans Day

Postby CountryboyNC » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:25 pm

Did some scouting this morning on my hunting club taking a look at the swamps before this weather moves in. Unfortunately the water levels are very low so hopefully this helps. Didn’t see a lot of ducks and only a handful of geese, but I was able to jump shoot a beautiful drake wood duck. I read and hear people complain so much about how the ducks aren’t here anymore, I used to be that guy too. I did some time to reflect this morning just sitting in the swamp and looking at this bird and realized just how lucky we really are to be able to do this, even if it’s only one bird. I have been on and off this site since I was in high school and 17 years later looking at retiring from the Army, I’m blessed to be able to enjoy this. Those of you who have served, thank you. You truly are the reason we can hunt.

Good luck to all this season and I hope it gets cold soon to push them south, but never forget, it’s about the hunt, not the kill.
Attachments
033081A5-E450-43C2-99A4-CE77BB0C3405.jpeg
Livin' Life to it's Fullest...
CountryboyNC
hunter

Re: Veterans Day

Postby Paul26 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Well done. We shot a drake woddie this AM in the Croatan.

I share your view on reflection.
Paul26
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:18 pm

Amen.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby bigsprig » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Great post , thank you for serving our country. We just returned from second weekend on Currituck and had beautiful days, shot a few ducks, and had some great fellowship. God bless America!
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:19 pm

Very good post and impressed with his reflection on whats it really all about. I thought you had to be old like me before you progressed into that stage as a hunter, lol!

Thanks for your service, it’s one heck of a commitment that’s for sure!
Locked and Loaded Super "Gauge" SH
Shurshot
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting