Wow this place is dead

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, NCSUDucker

Wow this place is dead

Postby DuckMauler » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:54 pm

Kind of sad to see what has happened to this forum. I remember the days of ongoing conversations on here from 10-12 years ago and this place was useful and fun. Seems as though it is as dead as the duck hunting in North Carolina these days. Hope everyone is doing well.
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Re: Wow this place is dead

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:48 am

DuckMauler wrote:Kind of sad to see what has happened to this forum. I remember the days of ongoing conversations on here from 10-12 years ago and this place was useful and fun. Seems as though it is as dead as the duck hunting in North Carolina these days. Hope everyone is doing well.

:lol3: You made 2 posts in 2020.

Where else have you been posting? The popular theory on media preference is Fakebook.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby DuckMauler » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:59 am

HNTFSH wrote:
DuckMauler wrote:Kind of sad to see what has happened to this forum. I remember the days of ongoing conversations on here from 10-12 years ago and this place was useful and fun. Seems as though it is as dead as the duck hunting in North Carolina these days. Hope everyone is doing well.

:lol3: You made 2 posts in 2020.

Where else have you been posting? The popular theory on media preference is Fakebook.

I’m sure it is. I am not in the popular fb crowd though and haven’t been in 10 years or so.
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:41 am

Ok, I’ll try and liven it up ......

Hi all, I’m new to duck hunting in NC and would like to find more public places to hunt other than Falls Lake. A buddy of mine said he seen hundreds of mallards up on High Rock Lake this weekend. How do I get there and where’s the best place to go?? He said something about being above the bridge .......
Locked and Loaded Super "Gauge" SH
Shurshot
hunter

Postby Woodiewhacker82 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:29 am

Shurshot wrote:Ok, I’ll try and liven it up ......

Hi all, I’m new to duck hunting in NC and would like to find more public places to hunt other than Falls Lake. A buddy of mine said he seen hundreds of mallards up on High Rock Lake this weekend. How do I get there and where’s the best place to go?? He said something about being above the bridge .......
Good one your friend is hilarious.
Woodiewhacker82
hunter

Postby CountryRN » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:42 pm

Shurshot wrote:Ok, I’ll try and liven it up ......

Best place in Carolina to hunt. Guaranteed for a shot at multiple species.
CountryRN
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:53 pm

What are you talking about? Did you miss the excitement in early November when President Trump won the “Guess the date of the arrival of the first diver” contest?

Make Duck Hunting Great Again
Paul26
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:16 pm

Anything Goose Creek GL used to stir the pot pretty quick, let me see what I can dream up.

" I have a permit for PP #1 next Saturday, can anyone tell me if any birds have shown up? I live in Raleigh.
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:14 am

Dingbatter wrote:Anything Goose Creek GL used to stir the pot pretty quick, let me see what I can dream up.

" I have a permit for PP #1 next Saturday, can anyone tell me if any birds have shown up? I live in Raleigh.

Oh hell yeah, the birds were THICK in there last weekend. And we didn’t even need a permit, hunted right up against #1 and shot a 4 man limit! Did take awhile, those birds really didn’t try to decoy so most all our shots were at birds going into the pond. Thank goodness we had our 3-1/2” inch Hevi Shot shells cause we never would have done as well with steel ....

Me and my buddies will be there again this weekend, heck it was soo good I’ve invited two more of my college buddies to join us! Gonna throw up a gauntlet!!
Locked and Loaded Super "Gauge" SH
Shurshot
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:12 pm

:grooving: :grooving: :grooving: this is more like it. High rock is definitely loaded though. The island in the mouth of Abbott’s creek has about 3000 mallards sitting around it right now. Divers are loaded up down by the dam and there are tons of pintails up in the flats. Just go down and put in at York hill, get to your spot about 1 minutes before LST, use someone else’s decoy spread and you’ll be good to go. And blow your mallard call as loud and as long as you possibly can without passing out. Works like a charm.
DuckMauler
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting