Season Dates

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: jsa, cartervj

Season Dates

Postby ohio mike » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:32 pm

The new 2021/22 dates are out. Only 1 week of early this year.Really cuts into Woodie hunting.Most will be gne by the second split. :mad:
Pumpguns and puppies,who could ask for anything more!
ohio mike
hunter

Re: Season Dates

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:47 pm

ohio mike wrote:The new 2021/22 dates are out. Only 1 week of early this year.Really cuts into Woodie hunting.Most will be gne by the second split. :mad:

Man...it's so hard to know these days with weather! :fingerhead: What I do like about the change is opportunity thru Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas not waiting until Dec 7th. Mostly because by the time January hits I could care less and water always seems frozen. OK for Geese but not Ducks.

Won't Woodies be OK on warmer years in November?
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:54 pm

A good freeze sends them packing. It's a crap shoot. On the bright side our new wetland has a bunch of Bluewings and Woodies on it. And there's a blue Phase Snow in with the Canadas on the big pond. That's a first for around here.
Pumpguns and puppies,who could ask for anything more!
ohio mike
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:45 am

ohio mike wrote:A good freeze sends them packing. It's a crap shoot. On the bright side our new wetland has a bunch of Bluewings and Woodies on it. And there's a blue Phase Snow in with the Canadas on the big pond. That's a first for around here.

Sweet! :grooving:

I haven't hunted South zone, except the plond, since they moved the line back up and I'm in it! :lol3: Plond years were so much better when it was North zone. But I do think a couple years ago we did have a damned hard freeze in November and then early December but the last 1/2 and into January was freaking warm.

I'll be damned if I've really seen "migrating ducks" flying for 5 years now. :fingerhead:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting