2019-2020 Meat thread

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: Duckwyatt80, Yuchi1

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby okduckdude » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:46 pm

Past two days scouted and have seen 0 birds. Including my honey holes.

Maybe I should go to Kansas?
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
User avatar
okduckdude
hunter
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby Okcduckguy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:36 pm

The only big group of ducks I’ve found was the other day and it was 500+ pintails, but it’s hard to get up and go hunt them when you can only take one lol. We need weather in a bad way, some more water would be nice too
Okcduckguy
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 2:41 am

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby 5 stand » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:51 pm

garmater wrote:Every now and then the stars align and you find a unicorn.



Nice!
5 stand
hunter
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:14 am
Location: West, Ar

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby LiquidA45 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm

Well I feel my season is over. Went out today and saw a few small groups of stale mallards. Luckily a group of woodies kept us from being skunked.
Last edited by LiquidA45 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiquidA45
hunter
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:01 pm
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby okduckdude » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:33 pm

I feel the same. I did see an increase in movement from the house this morning.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
User avatar
okduckdude
hunter
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby micneador » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:26 am

Keep a sharp eye thursday/friday. Might see a little push depending on how much snow kansas gets.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
User avatar
micneador
hunter
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: sapulpa, ok

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby LiquidA45 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:11 pm

micneador wrote:Keep a sharp eye thursday/friday. Might see a little push depending on how much snow kansas gets.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk


Just saw the forecast, I will believe it when I see it lol.
LiquidA45
hunter
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:01 pm
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby okduckdude » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:23 pm

LiquidA45 wrote:
micneador wrote:Keep a sharp eye thursday/friday. Might see a little push depending on how much snow kansas gets.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk


Just saw the forecast, I will believe it when I see it lol.


Weather persons are LIARS!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
User avatar
okduckdude
hunter
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby micneador » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:16 pm

okduckdude wrote:
LiquidA45 wrote:
micneador wrote:Keep a sharp eye thursday/friday. Might see a little push depending on how much snow kansas gets.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk


Just saw the forecast, I will believe it when I see it lol.


Weather persons are LIARS!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I whole heartedly agree but there has to be some hope somewhere

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
User avatar
micneador
hunter
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: sapulpa, ok

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby garmater » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:22 pm

5 stand wrote:
garmater wrote:Every now and then the stars align and you find a unicorn.



Nice!


Thank you sir
Those areant just any ducks those are dirty ducks.
Dirty Duck Mafia
garmater
hunter
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:53 am

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby garmater » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:23 pm

LiquidA45 wrote:
garmater wrote:Every now and then the stars align and you find a unicorn.


Wow congrats!

Thank you sir
Those areant just any ducks those are dirty ducks.
Dirty Duck Mafia
garmater
hunter
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:53 am

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby micneador » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:30 pm

Two man limit of pins in two shots. Done 10 minutes after shooting time.Image

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
User avatar
micneador
hunter
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: sapulpa, ok

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby Okcduckguy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:15 am

Did any of y’all notice a push of birds yesterday? I hunted til 11 or so didn’t ever see em. Pretty poor outing for what looked like one of the best weather days of the year!
Okcduckguy
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 2:41 am

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby okbob » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:53 pm

North central/northwestern has been terrible for bird numbers the last three weeks. I've got access in se KS and it's been the same. That said, a few birds arrived yesterday here around the house, but overall no real push of birds imo.

Been putting around 60-130 miles a day for the last week, three counties and won't see more than 20-30 birds scattered here and there total. That includes all the water I can see, not just the water I can hunt.
okbob
hunter
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: NW OK

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby okduckdude » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:55 pm

okbob wrote:North central/northwestern has been terrible for bird numbers the last three weeks. I've got access in se KS and it's been the same. That said, a few birds arrived yesterday here around the house, but overall no real push of birds imo.

Been putting around 60-130 miles a day for the last week, three counties and won't see more than 20-30 birds scattered here and there total. That includes all the water I can see, not just the water I can hunt.
It’s been slim pickens. I’m seeing more geese but noticing more cacklers than anything. These are areas that usually hold more honkers too.

Ducks are somewhere, just gotta find them. I haven’t found them. Other buddies have found them and then they would be gone the next day.

However now that 2020 is over, I believe it will all turn around!
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
User avatar
okduckdude
hunter
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: 2019-2020 Meat thread

Postby DontGetCrabs » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:38 am

East, South East has been miserable, get excited about kicking up 3 to 5 birds when scouting. I know one or two people that have done pretty good constantly. Biggest group I've kicked up while scouting had 8 - 10 greater, and 30 or so duck, mostly woodies. Only worked a handful into the decoys this year.
DontGetCrabs
hunter
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:45 am
Location: Lake Tenkiller

Previous

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests