Duck Hunting Forum banner

2019/2020 AP Zone Goose Season Reduced

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  bassmaster624 
#1 ·
Well, it's official, the AP Zone Goose hunting is restricted to 30 days and 2 birds a day.
Mallards are cut to 2 a day, with only ONE Hen.
It's a sad day but it's still better than the 5 year moratorium we endured back in the 90's.

https://deltawaterfowl.org/atlantic...QxkhZD5bdVF4QrBxTDPAhKNoFHBzzQK_KYfTQnd7Pc09k

"Atlantic Flyway waterfowlers in the United States will have reduced bag limits on geese and mallards during the 2019-2020 season. The mallard limit will drop to two daily, only one of which may be a hen, while Canada goose seasons in the Atlantic population zones will run just 30 days with a restrictive harvest. The Atlantic Flyway Council approved the regulations in September, and they were formalized by the USFWS Service Regulations Committee on October 16 and 17.

Canada goose hunters in Delaware, Maryland and Virginia face a limit of one bird daily, while the rest of the flyway's Atlantic population zones will be permitted two daily. The move was largely spurred by poor Canada goose production in spring 2018, plus a 30 percent decline among Atlantic population Canadas in the most-recent breeding population survey."

See less See more
#4 ·
I have not been seriously duck hunting for that long, about 3 years, but man we seem to have plenty of mallards the places I hunt. I really wish they had gone to a three and one rule. What's the long term plan? I can't see it ever going back up if there has been a long term decline and the reason is in known. I do not feel hopeful about mallard hunting in the east.

#6 ·
Boatman said:
If they would just stop the egg oiling campaign there would be plenty of geese. It's like these stupid people don't think geese can fly :mad:
Pay attention here Boatman, this is the AP Zone and these geese breed in the Hudson Bay/Ungava Bay region of Canada. No oiling of eggs up there that I'm aware of.
Of course maybe you have some info that you could share with us poor souls and prove what you're saying is correct. It's easy to see not much has changed with you since you got run out of HPA. :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Boatman said:
I left HPA because I can't stand people like you and your friends that kill ducks and don't eat them. If you want target practice go shoot some clay birds.
And if you don't think any geese are laying eggs between Pennsylvania and the Hudson Bay you might want to crawl out from under that rock you live and look around a little bit, they are laying eggs but they aren't hatching!

#9 ·
You're the one who looks at posts all over the internet checking for any violations cause you think you're connected to the law. There were no violations so you tucked your tail between your legs and then got run out of HPA.

And how many AP Geese you think are nesting here in Pa that have their eggs oiled? :hammer:

#11 ·
LeakyBoot said:
You're the one who looks at posts all over the internet checking for any violations cause you think you're connected to the law. There were no violations so you tucked your tail between your legs and then got run out of HPA.

And how many AP Geese you think are nesting here in Pa that have their eggs oiled? :hammer:
Oh and by the way this is a extremely funny post, you are quite the keyboard jockey

#12 ·
They are done saddling eggs in the pymatuning zone. Thought they said they was going to stop because the reduction of geese. When I talked to the guy doing it it seem they get federal aid for doing it. What a crock. They only do it south of 285. North part is where the refuge is. Wish this would stop. Back in the 70'80's that lake would sustain 15000 geese. Now it would be lucky to have 3000. Over the past few years I see less and less hunters. Not sure how much longer I will spend the money to the sport I love the most.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.