Midlands - looking for likeminded

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Midlands - looking for likeminded

Postby quackerjax » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:44 am

This forum seems pretty dead, but figured I'd try anyways...

Moved up here from North Florida bout a month ago, have truck and a boat (14 food jon with a longtail hunts 3 comfortably), decoys etc - all my old buddies and family are down in FL though. Hoping to meet up with some likeminded folks to hunt with. I'm in Lexington area, don't mind driving, hunted mostly waterfowl in FL, plenty of hog, some deer and some turkey but opportunity is dwindling down there as land is gobbled up. Looking to learn the local environment and game habits up here and make some new buds.
quackerjax
hunter

Re: Midlands - looking for likeminded

Postby Red Huck » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:11 pm

Welcome to SC
Red Huck
hunter

Postby quackerjax » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:14 pm

Thanks, Red - appreciate the welcome.
quackerjax
hunter

Postby Red Huck » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:44 pm

Good luck on SC ducks forum, I see you found it.
Red Huck
hunter

Postby slayducks87 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:39 pm

I'm from North Florida as well. Whereabouts? I'm in the same position. I've hunted the GA side of Clarks Hill and it was mostly local geese. Looking to start scouting the SC side as well. I know you have Lake Murray up there but I've heard it's a pain. Some counties on the water require 200 yards from houses and other require 350 so stick with the 350 yards rule to save yourself some hassle. From what I've heard, people on the lake up there don't hesitate to call the GW on guys. I'd make the drive if you want to go sometime. Got a boat myself and all the gear just no dog. Good luck this year!
slayducks87
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting