Reelfoot Lake

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duck slayR

Reelfoot Lake

Postby recker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:22 pm

Can someone explain to me how it works? I assume it's public water but people have permanent blinds and hunting areas. Is it just a gentleman's agreement.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
recker
hunter

Re: Reelfoot Lake

Postby SBEIISPECK » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:37 pm

recker wrote:Can someone explain to me how it works? I assume it's public water but people have permanent blinds and hunting areas. Is it just a gentleman's agreement.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

some blinds are grandfathered in, and the rest are draw blinds. first saturday in august is the draw.
SBEIISPECK
hunter

Postby OldPhotog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Hire a guide. You will be a lot happier and might kill some ducks. Majority of the good spots are privately owned (and guided out of). There are some draw spots, which was mentioned in the previous message. You can always wander around in the dark, trying to find a lost duck, but honestly, you're chances are not good. Hire a guide is my suggestion. Oh yeah, the lake is extremely shallow and slam full of stumps (the lower-unit-eating kind). Reelfoot is usually feast or famine. Lots and lots of ducks or no ducks. Opening day is usually a coot shoot, with a few woodies mixed in. Boat only; no wading.
:welcome:
OldPhotog
hunter

Re: Reelfoot Lake Guides

Postby LtFrank » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:50 pm

I am new to this chat forum. I am looking for duck hunting guide service for Reelfoot. I'm originally from Chesapeake Bay, Md.
I've hunted mostly East Tenn. I hunted Reelfoot several years ago with a Guide Jackie Childress. I've not been able to contact him. Are there any Reelfoot Guides that may remember him? I'd like to get intouch with him.

If I am unable to locate Mr. Childress, I am very interested in a great yet reasonable guide service for Duck and Goose Hunting this Fall. If you have suggestions please forward them to my email <[email protected]>.

I appreciate any assistance you have to offer. :clapping:

Lt. Frank Scimonelli
Knox County
LtFrank
Newb

Postby rrconductor » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:07 am

Try Possumfoot that's on here, I will recommend him. He has one of if not the best spot available.
rrconductor
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting