Where to apply for quota hunts: Region II and III?

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duck slayR

Where to apply for quota hunts: Region II and III?

Postby AppalachianHollers » Sun May 17, 2020 6:51 pm

I am going to be hunting ducks for the first time this coming season. I’m in East Tennessee, and am in the process of patterning resident ducks nearby on public land, down to the couple blinds I would want. Spring turkey and spring squirrel seasons are handy for this, of course. I’ll also be scouting waterfowl after the deer rut.

But I also want to apply to a couple blinds a bit further West (no further than Kentucky Lake, preferably closer). No boat, so I’m going off of walkable or wade-able locations.
If anyone is willing, I’d appreciate any info, however vague or specific as you’re comfortable with. I know I will be scouting AEDC for big game, and might swing by the reservoir where blind sites are to assess resident duck populations (not counting on migratory birds to show up east of Kentucky Lake).
More than likely this year and next (and probably the next after that) I’ll just get a preference point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AppalachianHollers
hunter

Re: Where to apply for quota hunts: Region II and III?

Postby AppalachianHollers » Sun May 17, 2020 8:01 pm

I also recognize that if anyone responds to this it is probably best to do so via PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AppalachianHollers
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting