Duck Hunting Forum banner

Info on Duck hunting in Blooming Grove TX area

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DoubleBayou 
#1 ·
Hey Lone Star State,
So were from Foothills of NC. My Future SIL(next year) has a lease they fish, in the Blomming Grove area. He said he can add duck and dove hunting to his lease package. He will be just starting to duck hunt too, mentored by a friend who hunts.
Just wondering how your Duck numbers look during the season. Gotta be way better than the western edge of the Atlantic flyway in NC.
Any info would be appreciated.
Looking at planning a trip for the upcoming season.
I understand weather pushing the ducks is a serious factor, so would y'alls second session be better for us to travel from NC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Hello there!
Well I can't give any personal experience on this exact area.
It is West of Corsicana, TX and that area is surrounded by all kinds of water in Richland Chambers and Cedar Creek Reservoirs to the East. Bardwell to the North and Navarro Mills is South.

I hunt Richland Chambers and Cedar Creek both only 1 day each per season now. I have seen seasons where there is outstanding hunting on Richland and Cedar Creek but then there are times when we have seen 1 flight in an entire hunt.

I wish there was someone with up to date info on this area for you.
I will say that this part of Texas (and further on down to the coast) is very dependent on fronts pushing birds down so yes I would choose the second half of the season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.