Waterfowl near around anywhere maybe Laramie?

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

Waterfowl near around anywhere maybe Laramie?

Postby Dunnage » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:47 am

Talk about a dead forum, does waterfowl hunting exist in Wyoming at all? I currently live in Fort Lauderdale, FL and the duck hunting is on point. We go to storm water treatment areas with our decoys all packed up and around 4 in the morning we head out on canoes, set our decoys and at first light it turns into D day on the waters. Its a little tightly packed but you're most always guaranteed a few ducks. Anyways, I'm getting out of the Army and I am going to head back west and go to school. Laramie is one of the places we have talked about and I just need to know if my dream of hunting waterfowl has an inkling of continuing if I move there. I also joined a club at one point which allowed us access to many different holes we could hunt in, I would definitely be alright with contributing to something like that. Please don't mention any special places to hunt unless its in a PM just let me know how hunting there really is. Share your stories/pictures.
Dunnage
hunter

Re: Waterfowl near around anywhere maybe Laramie?

Postby BGipson » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Can't speak for Laramie area but there are definitely ducks being killed in Wyoming if you are willing to put in the miles (both in the rig and on foot). Nice long season, decent variety of birds and low pressure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Re: Waterfowl near around anywhere maybe Laramie?

Postby mtcoder » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Lived in Laramie for 7 years. Duck hunting wasn't great in the area and everything always freezes up early. First month of season I could usually pick up a few each time I went out
mtcoder
Newb

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting