Early Season

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

Early Season

Postby BGipson » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:53 pm

I see the 2015 crane and early goose dates are out. Glad nothing changed and I sure am looking forward to the season to come!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Re: Early Season

Postby BGipson » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Season is winding ever closer and my excitement continues to rise. My fields are already starting to fill up with family groups of geese that have finished molting and begun to fly again. Won't be long before I'm out in the spread with good friends waiting on the first honks of the morning welcoming me back to another season.

Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby one8sevenn » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 pm

The Green has a healthy population of Geese at the moment. It may just be a good year.
Elk don't know how many feet a horse has! No, you durn fool, slide it up over the saddle. - Bear Claw
one8sevenn
hunter

Postby BGipson » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 pm

I'm thinking it's going to be 1 helluva year over here! We'll see if I even see another hunter this season. It's been a season and a half since I've seen anyone in my area.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby one8sevenn » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:59 am

From what I am hearing Seedskadee gets hit pretty hard and anywhere else is just passively jump shot. There aren't a lot of duck hunters in SW Wyoming, which with a good population of birds makes it a fantastic year.
Elk don't know how many feet a horse has! No, you durn fool, slide it up over the saddle. - Bear Claw
one8sevenn
hunter

Postby BGipson » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Pretty hard is definitely relative. I went there 4 times last year and heard another group 1 trip, never saw them. Where you out of?

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby one8sevenn » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Green River.

Most of the places, I have been looking have been in close proxy to the gorge thus far.

I wish there was an early teal season, because I know of a spot a few blue wings hang out.

I bet they will be gone by October.
one8sevenn
hunter

Postby BGipson » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:56 pm

Gotcha. I'm up in Kemmerer. I shot 20 teal the first 3 days of season last year. They should still be around. They move out the 2nd week of October usually.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby one8sevenn » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Hopefully,

I never shot a BWT.

I have shot a CWT and a GWT, but not a BWT.

Kemmerer is a nice town. I went up to Viva Naughton a few months ago.

Fall Fishing on the Hams should be great this year also.
one8sevenn
hunter

Postby BGipson » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:35 pm

You realize it's more likely a cinnamon than bluewing right? They are in summer plumage and nearly indistinguishable.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby one8sevenn » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:22 pm

I have seen drakes of both this year.

Hopefully, it doesn't get to cold to quick.
one8sevenn
hunter

Postby BGipson » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Oh nice! Like I said, last year they were gone just into October but up til then I was shooting the heck out of them. After that it was mallards with the occasional other duck

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting