On my way!

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

On my way!

Postby Blind Rat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:56 pm

I will be moving from NJ to WY in December. I have a few questions before I decide to lug all my waterfowl equipment to Sundance. First, we target both puddle and diver ducks here in NJ. How is the diver migration through WY? I have about 90 decoys I could easily sell here but if I can use them there I would like to keep them. Second, I have a Duck Boss DB13 with a 15 hp outboard on the back. Is there areas where I could use it? I have done some google map scouting and I see there are some resevioirs and rivers to the south. I am not looking for specifics, just need to know if I need to unload this boat to someone here before I drag it halfway across the U.S. Finally, I have about 24 dozen snow goose silos socks, shells and full bodies. How is the "white devil" migration there?
All I am asking is if I need to sell things here where I know I can sell them before I lug them a couple of thousand miles and have them collect dust in the garage
Thanks guys,
Greg
Blind Rat
hunter

Re: On my way!

Postby mudlickman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:53 pm

I moved from JBMDL to Cheyenne last fall with all the same questions. Get rid of your diver spread and your boat. The amount of use you'd get from them would be very small. The water is mostly small and shallow. Killed several ducks last year, all walking into ponds and rivers with decoys on my back or in a sled. Last year I killed Mallards, Gadwalls, Goldeneyes, Teal, and a bunch of Canadas. PM me if you decide to sell the DB13, I just moved back east to Erie, PA.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
mudlickman
hunter

Re: On my way!

Postby honkerbonker22 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:01 am

I don't see why you can't setup for goldeneyes. There are a lot of them in this state. I would also guess you could put the boat to use on some of the reservoirs
wack'em and stack'em
honkerbonker22
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting