NC Duck Hunter Visiting WY

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

NC Duck Hunter Visiting WY

Postby Chum stain » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 am

Good morning!

I am a NC duck hunter that will be in Wyoming 10/4- 10/9 for my cousins wedding. I will be staying just outside Jackson Hole and would love to see what your area has to offer in terms of duck/ goose hunting. Any information that can be provided to me would be fantastic. I would love to go with someone locals or if their are any guides in the area that yall would recommend that would work as well. I obviously won't be able to offer up much in terms of gear/ decoys but I will bring my own personal gear and gun with me. I am very excited about the opportunity to hunt in your area as it will be much different than what I am used to. In coastal NC we do a lot of "big water" and salt marsh hunting. Outside of early season goose hunting field hunting is almost unheard of out my way. What types of ducks are normally moving through the area this time of year? Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Kyle
Chum stain
Newb

Re: NC Duck Hunter Visiting WY

Postby BGipson » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:41 am

I don't know of any waterfowl guides west of Cheyenne and I'm a couple hours south of Jackson otherwise I'd offer to take you.

That early in the season is going to be mostly brown ducks regardless of species. Mallard, teal, wigeon mostly. Possibly gadwall, pintail and spoony.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Re: NC Duck Hunter Visiting WY

Postby JDC621 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:57 am

I live in Jackson and hunt south of there a good bit. Shoot me an email and we can coordinate from there. [email protected]
JDC621
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting