Visiting your state for a few days

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

Visiting your state for a few days

Postby bcrow » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:39 pm

I have never been to your state. But, I am going to be in Douglas for 4 days in Oct. I would love to get an early hunt in while I am there.

I am a native Mississippian who currently lives in GA but still hunts the MS delta where I was raised and still have friends and a couple of spots to hunt. I have been chasing ducks for over 50yrs. However, I know absolutely nothing about duck hunting in WY! If I should hunt while I’m there, it will be with a guide. I wouldn’t mind doing a little fly fishing while there, as well.

Do any of you have recommendations for fly fishing and duck hunting guides or outfitters around Douglas? If you ever get to MS during duck season, I would be glad to share a blind and swap lies! Thanks and here’s hoping for great hunting this season for y’all.

Bobby
bcrow
Newb

Re: Visiting your state for a few days

Postby BGipson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:21 am

You'll struggle to find a guide in that area since it isn't prime farm country. You'll also struggle to find many responses on here since us Wyoming Waterfowlers are a rare breed. Best of luck in your search but I'd try Google if you are able to travel a bit for a hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby teamflightstoppersND » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:20 pm

From what I am told there isnt too many birds around yet in October. The trout fishing is some of the best in the country so I would try that out if I were you. I don't use a fly rod as i catch more fish on mepps and my spinning rod!
teamflightstoppersND
hunter

Postby hero » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Some trout guides around Casper that I've used.
It's not far from Douglas.
hero
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting