Goosepond crowds

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy

Goosepond crowds

Postby WingshooterIN » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Just thought I would see if anyone been hunting goosepond and how crowds have been sat mornings. I have been hunting te river thought I might change it up this sat.
2014/2015 season

Blue wing teal - 2
Wood duck - 6
WingshooterIN
hunter

Re: Goosepond crowds

Postby Greenheadindy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:56 am

WingshooterIN wrote:Just thought I would see if anyone been hunting goosepond and how crowds have been sat mornings. I have been hunting te river thought I might change it up this sat.

I'd stay on the river. It's prime for this weekend as other stuff is starting to freeze. Goose pond is going to require some serious ice breaking in spots, and they'll probably be 50 parties there anyhow. I'm going to big water myself, I hate breaking ice.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Greenheadindy
hunter

Postby oscar67213 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:25 pm

was just drawn 2nd choice for december at goosepond.
going to try and make it up to scout some (2hrs north of me) any pointers would be greatly appreciated. any good lodgeing in area?
oscar67213
hunter

Postby Greenheadindy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:21 am

That could be a dynamite pick if it isn't frozen. Get up there to scout and you should do ok. I don't know of any real close lodging, definitely lots in Bloomington and maybe some in Bloomfield. Don't know of anything in linton, but there might be something. You could always sleep in the Walmart parking lot.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Greenheadindy
hunter

Postby IndyDuckHunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:18 am

Not much water down there. Good luck
IndyDuckHunter
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting